HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » New York (Group) » Steve Bannon to stump for...

Wed Oct 17, 2018, 11:17 PM

Steve Bannon to stump for Chris Collins as national Dems pledge to aid McMurray

The Buffalo-area battle between an indicted Republican congressman and his upstart opponent went national Wednesday, as alt-right standard bearer Steve Bannon made plans to travel to Elma to boost Rep. Chris Collins and as a top Democratic funding committee came to the aid of the embattled GOP lawmaker's Democratic challenger, Nathan McMurray.

The dueling announcements – coming within hours of each other Wednesday morning – signaled that the race in New York's 27th Congressional District suddenly ranks among the America's hottest.

And Oct. 24 could be one of the race's hottest days thanks to Bannon's 4:30 p.m. appearance at a get-out-the-vote rally at the Jamison Road Volunteer Fire Co, 1071 Jamison Road. Friendly crowds and angry protesters have appeared at Bannon's speaking engagements since he left his job as a top aide to President Trump last year, and there's no reason to think that the rally in Elma will be an exception.

“It’s a ‘Red Tide Rising’ rally to get out the vote for all Republican candidates in the region,” said Michael R. Caputo, an East Aurora political consultant and CNN commentator, who works with Bannon and who is organizing his trip to Western New York. “People will be coming from all around, but everyone is concerned about NY-27 going blue.”

Read more: https://buffalonews.com/2018/10/17/ny-27-going-big-time-bannon-to-stump-for-collins-as-national-dems-pledge-to-aid-mcmurray/

4 replies, 223 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Steve Bannon to stump for Chris Collins as national Dems pledge to aid McMurray (Original post)
TexasTowelie Oct 17 OP
dawg day Oct 17 #1
Rhiannon12866 Oct 17 #2
TexasTowelie Oct 17 #3
Rhiannon12866 Oct 17 #4

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Wed Oct 17, 2018, 11:35 PM

1. It is hard to imagine Steve Bannon enticing any votes.

Then again, Trump has 40% of the populace approving.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Wed Oct 17, 2018, 11:38 PM

2. Why? Isn't Carl Paladino running for anything this time around??

Reply to this post

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Reply #2)

Wed Oct 17, 2018, 11:50 PM

3. Buffalo turns out some real winners, doesn't it?

At least I have some sympathy for the Bills fans though.

Reply to this post

Response to TexasTowelie (Reply #3)

Wed Oct 17, 2018, 11:56 PM

4. When I was at my camp reunion, I went canoeing with a girl from out near Buffalo

And I picked on her about Carl Paladino - when he ran for governor, he had a "rally" at the small ski center right near me. I couldn't think of his name, just said "that crazy guy" and she knew exactly who I meant.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread