HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » New York (Group) » Tea party leader, Joe Gil...

Sun Aug 11, 2013, 01:53 AM

Tea party leader, Joe Gilbert, enters race for 21st Congressional District

Joe Gilbert, a tea party leader from St. Lawrence County, has entered the race for the Republican nomination to challenge U.S. Rep. Bill Owens, D-Plattsburgh, in 2014.

“It is the House of Representatives, and I don’t think the people are being represented any more,” Gilbert said Saturday in a telephone interview.

Gilbert, a retired Army major, is director of emergency services for St. Lawrence County.

He is the second candidate to announce his candidacy for the Republican nomination in the 21st Congressional District, which includes Warren, Washington and northern Saratoga counties.

Elise Stefanik, a business woman from Willsboro, announced her candidacy Tuesday.

http://poststar.com/news/local/tea-party-leader-joe-gilbert-enters-race-for-st-congressional/article_49fc4e62-01e1-11e3-9d58-0019bb2963f4.html

This is all we need! We already have Chris Gibson...

1 replies, 1358 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Tea party leader, Joe Gilbert, enters race for 21st Congressional District (Original post)
Rhiannon12866 Aug 2013 OP
hrmjustin Aug 2013 #1

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Original post)

Sun Aug 11, 2013, 02:23 PM

1. I hope the democrat can hold the district.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread