HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » New York (Group) » Kaminsky declares victory...

Tue Apr 19, 2016, 10:28 PM

Kaminsky declares victory in 9th District Senate race

Democratic Assemb. Todd Kaminsky declared victory over Republican Christopher McGrath on Tuesday night in the race to replace former Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos — a high-profile special election with control of the State Senate potentially in the balance.

With 70 percent of precincts reporting, Kaminsky led McGrath 53 percent to 45 percent, according to the county Board of Elections.

(snip)
“When we started this campaign I promised I would fight as hard as I could. We would not stand for putting special interests ahead of Long Island interests,” Kaminsky said. “We sent a message to the special interests and the smoke-filled backrooms: We will not take it anymore.”

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/politics/kaminsky-declares-victory-in-9th-district-senate-race-for-skelos-seat-1.11709705

This morning's paper
Todd D. Kaminsky
D
50%33,978 Votes

Christopher McGrath
Christopher McGrath
R
49%33,198 Votes

http://politics.newsday.com/voters-guide/long-island/results/new-york-state-special-election-april-19-2016/
100% reporting

4 replies, 1361 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Kaminsky declares victory in 9th District Senate race (Original post)
cal04 Apr 2016 OP
hrmjustin Apr 2016 #1
cal04 Apr 2016 #3
Renew Deal Apr 2016 #2
cal04 Apr 2016 #4

Response to cal04 (Original post)

Tue Apr 19, 2016, 10:29 PM

1. Great news!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to hrmjustin (Reply #1)

Tue Apr 19, 2016, 10:31 PM

3. Yes, it is

he's been at our school a couple of times

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 19, 2016, 10:31 PM

2. I hope that holds up

The republicans were running some dirty ads on NYC radio

Reply to this post

Wed Apr 20, 2016, 09:55 AM

4. Kaminsky Leads by 780 Votes in Special Election to Replace Skelos

Kaminsky has claimed victory, but Christopher McGrath has not conceded with 2,719 absentee ballots still to be counted.

http://patch.com/new-york/fivetowns/s/fphr5/kaminsky-leads-by-780-votes-in-special-election-to-replace-skelos?utm_source=alert-breakingnews&utm_medium=email&utm_term=politics%20%26%20government&utm_campaign=alert

(snip)
Despite the results, McGrath told Newsday that he was still not ready to concede. “This race is too close to call it will not be decided tonight,” he said according to Newsday. “All the votes will have to be counted in the coming days.”

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread