HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Montana (Group) » Montana GOP candidate Mat...

Thu Sep 13, 2018, 08:51 PM

Montana GOP candidate Matt Rosendale accused of coordinating with NRA on TV advertising

HELENA ó Democrats questioned Thursday whether U.S. Senate candidate Matt Rosendale illegally coordinated with the National Rifle Association based on an audio recording of the Montana Republican saying the NRA planned to support his campaign.

Rosendale spokesman Shane Scanlon called the accusation baseless and said Rosendale only discussed the NRA's endorsement with the gun-rights group, which is legal.

An audio recording posted by The Daily Beast appears to capture Rosendale saying that he expected the NRA and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to enter the race against Democratic U.S. Sen. Jon Tester in August, and that he had spoken with Chris Cox, executive director of NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, the group's lobbying arm.

Rosendale's comments came in response to an unidentified speaker's question, asking if outside groups started spending on his behalf.

https://missoulian.com/news/government-and-politics/montana-gop-candidate-matt-rosendale-accused-of-coordinating-with-nra/article_3d94445e-2203-5dc2-90f7-c1c38b6bf09e.html

2 replies, 525 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Montana GOP candidate Matt Rosendale accused of coordinating with NRA on TV advertising (Original post)
Ptah Sep 13 OP
MontanaMama Sep 13 #1
GemDigger Sep 14 #2

Response to Ptah (Original post)

Thu Sep 13, 2018, 10:12 PM

1. I've seen several pro-gun advertisements

From Rosedale recently....oddly on MSNBC. I wish that garbage didnít fly up here in Big Sky Country but it probably will. Gawd I wish Montanans would wise up with this stuff and stop voting against their own best interests. I believe it will be veterans that end up getting Tester re-elected.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MontanaMama (Reply #1)

Fri Sep 14, 2018, 10:15 AM

2. I am seeing ads from him wherever I go. TV, youtube, newspapers, macrame pages for goodness sake.

I pray that people are waking up. It seems that everyone I talk to is not paying attention to what is going on in the news but they intend to vote blindly for their party.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread