HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Missouri (Group) » Diversifying the Saint Lo...

Mon Apr 15, 2019, 05:34 PM

Diversifying the Saint Louis Zoo

When Cassandra Brown Ray became the first African-American woman named chief financial officer at the Saint Louis Zoo earlier this year, she described it as “one of those cup-running-over” moments.

“First woman. First African-American. I stand on a whole lot of shoulders,” said Ray, who also serves as a vice president.

“Many, many prayers support the intentions to get me a seat at the table. For so long, many blacks and women have desired and prepared for a role at the top or a seat at the table, but were never given the opportunity. When young people seeking a profession look at the leadership of the Saint Louis Zoo, they will know that this place is progressive and inclusive.”

Jeffrey Bonner, Dana Brown president and CEO of the Zoo, knew immediately that Ray was the right person for the job.

http://www.stlamerican.com/business/business_news/diversifying-the-saint-louis-zoo/article_9c479ff0-5bef-11e9-b258-3f262aca9080.html

3 replies, 459 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Diversifying the Saint Louis Zoo (Original post)
Sherman A1 Apr 15 OP
Kurt V. Apr 15 #1
msongs Apr 15 #2
Sherman A1 Apr 15 #3

Response to Sherman A1 (Original post)

Mon Apr 15, 2019, 05:40 PM

1. very nice article. I'm happy for her. I've been there a gazillion times since age 5.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Sherman A1 (Original post)

Mon Apr 15, 2019, 06:03 PM

2. how bout - diversifying the management of the zoo - nt

Reply to this post

Response to msongs (Reply #2)

Mon Apr 15, 2019, 06:35 PM

3. As she is management

I believe that was the point of the article.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread