HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Minnesota (Group) » Scott Jensen earns lead i...

Mon Sep 12, 2022, 05:13 PM

Scott Jensen earns lead in Washington Post story.

The most telling GOP flip-flops and walk backs on abortion.

Https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/09/10/abortion-republican-candidates/

1. Scott Jensen

Before: The Minnesota gubernatorial candidate said in March, while vying for the GOP nomination, “I would try to ban abortion.” A month later, he was even stronger, making it a promise. Responding to Gov. Tim Walz’s (D) claim that Jensen and his running mate supported banning abortions, Jensen said: “No kidding, Sherlock. You’re darn right we do.” He added: “We’re going to get something done when we’re governor: We’re going to ban abortions. That’s really not news.”

Now: Jensen this week began running an ad stating: “In Minnesota, [abortion] is a protected constitutional right, and no governor can change that. And I’m not running to do that.” Jensen’s website has also changed its language on this issue. It previously said Jensen “believes in the sanctity of human life, from conception to natural death,” but it has now excised the “from conception to natural death” language.

Quack Doc Quacks Up.

2 replies, 1253 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Scott Jensen earns lead in Washington Post story. (Original post)
Mawspam2 Sep 12 OP
Turbineguy Sep 12 #1
iemanja Sep 13 #2

Response to Mawspam2 (Original post)

Mon Sep 12, 2022, 05:18 PM

1. That's the one nice thing about being a republican

You don't have to change your mind, you can just change the lie.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Turbineguy (Reply #1)

Tue Sep 13, 2022, 12:52 PM

2. That's the best summary

of Republicanism that I’ve seen.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread