HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Maine (Group) » Union that includes Bath ...

Fri Jul 31, 2020, 05:25 PM

Union that includes Bath Iron Works employees endorses Gideon

BATH — House Speaker and US Senate candidate Sara Gideon received an endorsement from the Maine State Council of Machinists, which represents Bath Iron Works’ largest unions, on Friday.

The council represents BIW’s Local S6, which has been on strike for six weeks, and Local S7.

Gideon has visited Local S6 union members at the picket line multiple times since the strike began when the union rejected a contract offer from the shipyard. During a strike rally last Saturday Gideon said she has supported the union “for every one of the 34 days of this strike, and we will continue to do so until you are able to go back to work with the contract and benefits that you deserve.”

“When you go on strike, making sure that a fair contract and good jobs and strong benefits are available, you’re not doing it for you, you’re doing it looking backwards at the young men and women who have just started at Bath Iron Works and want to make a career here,” she said.

Read more: https://www.pressherald.com/2020/07/31/union-that-includes-bath-iron-works-employees-endorse-gideon/
(Portland Press Herald)

2 replies, 416 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Union that includes Bath Iron Works employees endorses Gideon (Original post)
TexasTowelie Jul 31 OP
jpak Jul 31 #1
gibraltar72 Jul 31 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Fri Jul 31, 2020, 05:29 PM

1. Collins is concerned

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Fri Jul 31, 2020, 06:51 PM

2. She is the only one out of 17

donations I made that sent a thank you. Hundreds of asks but one thank you. My wife says her mom taught her well. Candidates spend thousands getting money. She spent 50 cents to say thank you. People notice small things.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread