HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Maine (Group) » Susan Collins Gets 'Six F...

Fri Oct 12, 2018, 07:25 AM

Susan Collins Gets 'Six Figure' Payback From Dark Money Group After Voting 'Yes' On Kavanaugh

by Lance Perriman Oct 10, 2018

A “dark money” group that spent millions promoting Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation effort announced on Tuesday that it’s rewarding Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) with a new “six-figure TV and digital ad campaign” in support of her re-election after she voted for Kavanaugh’s confirmation.

The group, Judicial Crisis Network, issued a press release expressing its gratitude to Collins for her “yes” vote.

“Thank you Susan Collins for thoughtfully reviewing Judge Kavanaugh’s judicial record and weighing the evidence, and for being a reasonable voice during this incredibly divisive time,” Carrie Severino, the group’s chief counsel and policy director, said.

https://politicaldig.com/susan-collins-gets-six-figure-payback-from-dark-money-group-after-voting-yes-on-kavanaugh/

2 replies, 539 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Susan Collins Gets 'Six Figure' Payback From Dark Money Group After Voting 'Yes' On Kavanaugh (Original post)
workinclasszero Oct 12 OP
PearliePoo2 Oct 12 #1
BigmanPigman Oct 12 #2

Response to workinclasszero (Original post)

Fri Oct 12, 2018, 07:33 AM

1. The fund to give money to Susan Collin's Democratic opponent in 2020 is now $3,703,700 nt.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to PearliePoo2 (Reply #1)

Fri Oct 12, 2018, 02:56 PM

2. Ha! Perfect.

I hope that for every ad bought be the Judicial Crisis Network (which aired those obnoxious "I am a woman and Kavanaugh is my ideal man" commercials on MSNBC all the time) there are 4 ads for her 2020 opponent.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread