HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Maine (Group) » How do you feel about las...

Wed Jun 13, 2018, 09:51 AM

How do you feel about last night's Gov primary?

I'm proud of all of our candidates regardless of where they finished.

Going from one through seven, My vote was Mills, D Dion, Cote, Eves, Sweet, M Dion, Russell. D Dion got my #2 vote because at the local Democratic meeting a few weeks ago, after I told her that I was supporting Janet Mills, she asked for my second place vote. I liked what she had to say and it amazes me how often that people in public life simply forget that simple step of asking people for their votes. I liked, she asked, she got.

As of this AM, it looks as though our nominee will be either Janet ot Adam. I'll be happy to support either. If Adam is not our nominee, than I believe that he'd be a very strong and attractive candidate to challenge the spine of oatmeal Susan Collins in 2020 when she seeks the 5th of the 2 terms she pledged to serve when she first ran.

Of course, Republican nominee Shawn Moody is about as sharp as a bag of sledge hammers.

There's my 2 cents, and quite possibly overpriced at that!

PEACE!

2 replies, 384 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply How do you feel about last night's Gov primary? (Original post)
MarianJack Jun 13 OP
No Vested Interest Jun 13 #1
MarianJack Jun 14 #2

Response to MarianJack (Original post)

Wed Jun 13, 2018, 06:39 PM

1. You are so correct that candidates need to ask voters for their vote.

I firmly believe that John Kerry lost votes (and perhaps the election) that he would have otherwise had because he did not, as far as I could see or hear, ask the public at large for their votes.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to No Vested Interest (Reply #1)

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 08:15 AM

2. I believe that I regret the Loss off...

...a President Kerry more than I do the loss of a President Gore.

Of course, with "dubya" being the alternative I regret the loss of a President Dried Up Sack of Monkey Turds.

PEACE!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread