HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Kansas (Group) » Dad in Kansas jailed over...

Tue Feb 11, 2020, 11:05 PM

Dad in Kansas jailed over medical debt

Heather and her son Lane Biggs just needed medical care. A few years ago, Lane was getting treated for leukemia, which he was diagnosed with at age 5, and at the same time, his mom Heather developed seizures from Lyme disease.

That left the family with a $70,000 medical debt that they couldnít afford.

They didnít make enough to afford health insurance, but they made too much to qualify for Medicaid.

After he missed a court appearance about his unpaid bills and was unable to get the money for the $500 bail, Tres was sent to jail.

At: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/dad-kansas-jailed-over-medical-140050030.html

2 replies, 731 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Dad in Kansas jailed over medical debt (Original post)
sandensea Feb 2020 OP
Newest Reality Feb 2020 #1
marble falls Feb 2020 #2

Response to sandensea (Original post)

Tue Feb 11, 2020, 11:12 PM

1. Our society...

"Our society can no longer allow these medical criminals to get away with it. Who knows what they will do to our oranges, or our infrastructure? Medical debt is a serious threat to everyone and they should be given long sentences with hard, manual labor. We must rid ourselves of these vermin before they get sick again! I will use the War Powers act to fight them and sign many, many Executive Orders and have Jabba...I mean Attorney General Barr persecute...I mean, prosecute them to the full extent of the wall laws I will build." - Donald J. Drumpf

That's how he will fix that.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to sandensea (Original post)

Wed Feb 12, 2020, 01:25 PM

2. Great. So not they've added more problems that could make him unemployable and put ...

the family on the streets.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread