HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Kansas (Group) » Kansas Democrat would be ...

Sun Sep 1, 2019, 04:13 AM

Kansas Democrat would be first Hindu in U.S. Senate if she wins 2020 race

WASHINGTON -- A Manhattan city official would be the first Hindu to serve in the U.S. Senate if she succeeds in 2020.

Manhattan Mayor Pro Tem Usha Reddi officially kicked off her campaign Thursday for the seat that will be vacated when Republican Sen. Pat Roberts retires at the end of the current term.

A Democrat has not won a Senate race in Kansas since 1932, but Reddi is hopeful that last year’s election provides a guide on how a Democrat can win in the GOP-leaning state. Reddi joins former U.S. Attorney Barry Grissom and former Rep. Nancy Boyda in seeking the Democratic nomination.

“I think there is a path forward. I think Laura Kelly winning the governorship, as well as Sharice Davids winning in her district I think there’s a strong momentum for something different,” Reddi said.

Read more: https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/congress/article234491367.html

2 replies, 482 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Kansas Democrat would be first Hindu in U.S. Senate if she wins 2020 race (Original post)
TexasTowelie Sep 1 OP
bobbieinok Sep 1 #1
riversedge Sep 1 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sun Sep 1, 2019, 08:59 AM

1. Oh,,,,,,her father recently pled guilty to raping her.

She says many women she talks to are sexual assault survivors

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sun Sep 1, 2019, 11:08 AM

2. This is good news.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread