HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Iowa (Group) » Man admits to threatening...

Tue Jun 1, 2021, 10:18 AM

Man admits to threatening Gov. Kim Reynolds in anti-mask tirade

An Iowa man who left a threatening voicemail telling Gov. Kim Reynolds she should be hung or shot “for treason” for imposing COVID-19 restrictions has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor harassment charge.

Harvey Hunter Jr., 48, pleaded guilty Thursday to second-degree harassment, accepting a plea agreement offered by Polk County prosecutors.

In a written guilty plea, he said that he “did threaten to commit bodily injury to a government official" in his Jan. 5 voicemail.

Prosecutors will recommend that Hunter serve one year of probation, pay a fine, have no contact with the governor and undergo a mental health evaluation.

Read more: https://www.thegazette.com/crime-courts/man-admits-to-threatening-gov-kim-reynolds-in-anti-mask-tirade/
(Cedar Rapids Gazette)

2 replies, 691 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Man admits to threatening Gov. Kim Reynolds in anti-mask tirade (Original post)
TexasTowelie Jun 2021 OP
Stuart G Jun 2021 #1
TexasTowelie Jun 2021 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Tue Jun 1, 2021, 10:25 AM

1. Thank You For Posting This. K and R For Your Service!!!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Stuart G (Reply #1)

Tue Jun 1, 2021, 10:34 AM

2. You're welcome.

I tried to post the photo of the man accused, but I couldn't hotlink to the photo. It will be interesting to see what the mental health exam reveals.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread