HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Illinois (Group) » We Need To Call Our Senat...

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 01:42 PM

We Need To Call Our Senators Now - Dick Durbin & Tammy Duckworth To Support Medicare For All.....

Every resident of Illinois needs to call our elected Senators to get them to co-sponsor Bernie Sanders Medicare For All bill that he is introducing today. Currently he has 16 co-sponsors in the Senate. We need to get all the Dem Senators behind this bill.

Their telephone numbers to their Washington DC offices:

Sen. Durbin - 1-202-224-2152

Sen. Duckworth - 1-202-224-2854

4 replies, 913 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply We Need To Call Our Senators Now - Dick Durbin & Tammy Duckworth To Support Medicare For All..... (Original post)
global1 Sep 13 OP
dogman Sep 13 #1
global1 Sep 13 #2
dogman Sep 13 #3
global1 Sep 13 #4

Response to global1 (Original post)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 06:37 PM

1. Called and messaged.

They ignored me and now when they send fund raising e-mails, I will ignore them.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to dogman (Reply #1)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 06:56 PM

2. What Do You Mean - Ignored You?.....

I called both and talked with one of their people and both treated me with respect and listened to what I had to say - one took my name and address. Both Senate offices indicated that they haven't made their decision yet and that it would be forthcoming.

I didn't think that was them ignoring me. This is what one expects when one calls a Senator's office.

Reply to this post

Response to global1 (Reply #2)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 07:45 PM

3. Yes, I was told it was being reviewed also.

But the sponsorship was needed today. They chose not to, and so will I when their e-mails come. I was most disappointed with Tammy. I would have expected her to be a leader in this fight. They knew this was coming, what needs to be reviewed? The polls? The corporate contributors?

Reply to this post

Response to dogman (Reply #3)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 10:41 PM

4. They Can Sign On To This Bill At Any Time And Be A Co-Sponser.....nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread