HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Idaho (Group) » Whodunit in an Idaho libr...

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 06:38 AM

Whodunit in an Idaho library: Someone keeps hiding the anti-Trump books

Coeur d’Alene, Idaho • From her office next to the public computer terminals, Bette Ammon finds herself peering through a window to watch patrons moving through the Coeur d’Alene library’s nonfiction stacks.

Someone has been hiding books lately — specifically, those that explore politics through a progressive lens or criticize President Donald Trump. They wind up misfiled in out-of-the-way corners where readers will be sure not to find them.

“I am going to continue hiding these books in the most obscure places I can find to keep this propaganda out of the hands of young minds,” the mystery book relocator wrote in a note left for Ammon, the library director, in the facility’s comment box. “Your liberal angst gives me great pleasure.”

For decades, Coeur d’Alene has navigated a delicate political landscape in northern Idaho, a conservative corner of the country where some have sought refuge from political and social changes elsewhere.

Read more: https://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/11/11/whodunit-an-idaho-library/
(Salt Lake Tribune)

3 replies, 565 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Whodunit in an Idaho library: Someone keeps hiding the anti-Trump books (Original post)
TexasTowelie Nov 11 OP
hlthe2b Nov 11 #1
TexasTowelie Nov 11 #2
3Hotdogs Nov 11 #3

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 06:46 AM

1. They should merely place ALL current political books on a visible shelf behind the counter

and let the patron ASK for them. Problem solved.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to hlthe2b (Reply #1)

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 06:55 AM

2. That seems like a reasonable, cost-effective solution. nt

Reply to this post

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 07:18 AM

3. I guess the book re-locator can't affort matches.

That is their go-to choice of censorship.... especially if the book was written by a Jew.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread