HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Georgia (Group) » 'Not dropping out': Kelly...

Fri May 22, 2020, 12:36 PM

'Not dropping out': Kelly Loeffler vows to stay in Senate race against Doug Collins

Georgia Sen. Kelly Loeffler said she had no plans to drop out of the contest to keep her Senate seat despite a stock-trading controversy.

"Not only am I not dropping out, but I'm gonna win, the Republican told Politico.

Loeffler has had a rocky few months since being appointed to replace Sen. Johnny Isakson, who resigned in December 2019 due to health concerns.

Loeffler was one of several senators accused of insider trading ahead of the coronavirus-induced stock market drop, although she maintains that she did nothing wrong.

In a poll from earlier this week, Loeffler trailed Rep. Doug Collins in the jungle primary for her seat. The Civiqs/Daily Kos poll showed Loeffler trailing Collins by 12% to 34%, respectively.

But Loeffler pointed to a different poll from Public Opinion Strategies conducted from May 4 to May 7 that showed a closer race, with Collins at 19% and Loeffler at 18%.

At: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/not-dropping-out-kelly-loeffler-vows-to-stay-in-senate-race-against-doug-collins

Embattled Georgia Senator Kelly Loeffler and husband Jeff Sprecher: Tipped to win?

3 replies, 433 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'Not dropping out': Kelly Loeffler vows to stay in Senate race against Doug Collins (Original post)
sandensea May 22 OP
Bev54 May 22 #1
sandensea May 22 #2
Bev54 May 22 #3

Response to sandensea (Original post)

Fri May 22, 2020, 12:48 PM

1. Well her husband

just paid $1million to a Trump group, for the right to keep her in the race. I hope the two of them tear each other to pieces so the dem can walk in for the final vote.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Bev54 (Reply #1)

Fri May 22, 2020, 12:50 PM

2. What a clusterfuck (pardon mon francais)

You know Doug Boy's counting on the invisible orange hand to help him.

But who will the great orange finger pick?

Reply to this post

Response to sandensea (Reply #2)

Fri May 22, 2020, 12:55 PM

3. Yep exactly

He tends to follow the money and I doubt Collin's wife can match that.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread