HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Florida (Group) » The forecast high for Mem...

Sat May 25, 2019, 12:34 AM

The forecast high for Memorial Day in Lakeland is 97 degrees.

Link: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=28.0395&lon=-81.9498#.XOjFRXZ7lEZ

The forecast high for Furnace Creek (Death Valley) California is 82 degrees on the same day.
Link: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=36.6079&lon=-117.1422#.XOjDunZ7lEY

WTF is wrong with this picture?

4 replies, 345 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply The forecast high for Memorial Day in Lakeland is 97 degrees. (Original post)
lpbk2713 May 25 OP
mitch96 May 25 #1
csziggy May 25 #2
lpbk2713 May 25 #3
csziggy May 26 #4

Response to lpbk2713 (Original post)

Sat May 25, 2019, 03:05 PM

1. And Ironically So Fla which is hot as a pistol, will have a high of 86... go figure.. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to lpbk2713 (Original post)

Sat May 25, 2019, 08:28 PM

2. Here in Tallahassee, tomorrow it's supposed to be 98-99 F

Unfortunately, my husband and I have a guy scheduled to help put plants in the ground tomorrow. The plan is for my husband and him to work on planting until they get too hot, then we have a couple of projects inside that they can work on for the rest of the afternoon.

If I were capable of planting, I'd be dragging my husband's ass out of bed at dawn, work until it starts to heat up and spend the rest of the day inside. But I am not yet allowed to bend or twist so digging holes and separating plants is not on my roster! And those guys make their own schedules when I am not there to push them.

Reply to this post

Response to csziggy (Reply #2)

Sat May 25, 2019, 08:51 PM

3. And it's not even June yet.

Good luck with your plans.

Reply to this post

Response to lpbk2713 (Reply #3)

Sun May 26, 2019, 01:11 AM

4. I know - I hope it's not like the year we had weeks of 100+ weather!

I almost got heatstroke that summer and since have no tolerance for much heat. But I'd still get out there and work on my garden if I could. Maybe next winter...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread