HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Florida (Group) » Provisional ballets

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 01:14 PM

Provisional ballets

A co-worker of mine tried to vote yesterday, but was turned away by a poll worker. She never thought to change her name (or address) on her voter registration after she got married. I urged her to go anyway & ask for a provisional ballet, but she forgot what it was called & didn't ask for one.

Question -- are poll workers not required to offer someone a provisional ballet if there is a discrepancy between the name/address on their ID and the name/address on their voter registration or is it up to the voter to know to request one? I volunteered as a poll worker about 10 years ago, and I could swear we were told to offer someone a provisional ballet versus turning them away.

Edit: meant to add that this was in Duval County if that makes any difference.

0 replies, 1051 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread