HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Florida (Group) » Say It Out Loud: Vendepat...

Sat Sep 5, 2020, 07:17 AM

Say It Out Loud: Vendepatria

I am a Texas-born-and-raised non-Floridian Anglo. Like many Democrats, I am disturbed by the lack of voter enthusiasm for Joe Biden.

Despite my unease, I think at least some folks at Bidenís campaign headquarters are trying. Comparing Donnie to the long, Sorry line of Latin-American strongmen was a clever move that I doubt previous campaigns ever thought of (itís also a valid comparison, BTW).

Still, I think there is one more issue that Democrats and progressives ought to use when appealing to Latino voters: Donnie is a Vendepatria.

I donít doubt that most American-born Latinos are as fiercely patriotic as Bubba and Becky Lou. So are naturalized Latino immigrants. All of us put love of country first and ferociously oppose handing it over to greed heads and foreign interests. We all agree on country first.

Does Donald Trump. I donít think he does, and itís a point we should also hammer home. They might not understand it at Mer a Lago, but the rest of us do.

Letís not pull our punches.

Edit: Vendepatria means seller (out) of the homeland.

3 replies, 913 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Say It Out Loud: Vendepatria (Original post)
Vogon_Glory Sep 2020 OP
hwmnbn Sep 2020 #1
Vogon_Glory Sep 2020 #3
Laelth Sep 2020 #2

Response to Vogon_Glory (Original post)

Sat Sep 5, 2020, 08:57 AM

1. Co-sign...

Excellent point. Never cede the "patriotic" ground. That's especially important with this administration of treasonous fucks.

Last couple of days in MSM, dems have been expressing their anger effectively. For me, that is unifying and motivating viscerally. I hope there are more Mayor Pete type interviews.

BTW, "Bubba and Becky Lou"... LMAO

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to hwmnbn (Reply #1)

Sat Sep 5, 2020, 09:39 AM

3. Well, Bubba and Becky Lou is white-guy shorthand for

working-class and rural whites from Southern and Southern-influenced Midwestern backgrounds.

Reply to this post

Response to Vogon_Glory (Original post)

Sat Sep 5, 2020, 09:02 AM

2. +1 n/t

-Laelth

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread