HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » District of Columbia (Group) » *Gloria: A Life A unique ...

Fri Jun 26, 2020, 08:57 PM

*Gloria: A Life A unique interpretation of feminist icon Gloria Steinem's life

is told by an all-female cast starring Emmy Award winner Christine Lahti and directed by Tony Award winner Diane Paulus.

PBS (WETA DC area, ch. 26) 9:00 p.m. NOW.

3 replies, 496 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply *Gloria: A Life A unique interpretation of feminist icon Gloria Steinem's life (Original post)
elleng Jun 26 OP
MLAA Jun 26 #1
elleng Jun 26 #2
MLAA Jun 26 #3

Response to elleng (Original post)

Fri Jun 26, 2020, 09:06 PM

1. Saw it a year and 1/2 or so live in NYC

Spent a year working in NYC and saw broadway plays almost every weekend. This one made my top 3! Don’t miss it on PBS.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MLAA (Reply #1)

Fri Jun 26, 2020, 09:09 PM

2. Great!

Missed it in NYC (grew up there, but been away since college.)

Reply to this post

Response to elleng (Reply #2)

Fri Jun 26, 2020, 09:16 PM

3. It was a very small venue and the reason I noticed it is that I lived in the building right next

door and walked by it every day. Daryl Roth Theater. It was theater in the round and every seat was a great seat. It was funny, poignant and I learned a lot. At the end Christine Lahti (she was amazing) opened it up to the audience to ‘share their story’. Oddly enough a few years before when just visiting NYVC went to a great vegan restaurant called Candle 79 and Gloria Steinem was also waiting in the foyer for it to open. All I could think to say was ‘thank you for all you’ve done’. I was tongue tied.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread