HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » District of Columbia (Group) » June outlook: We predict ...

Fri May 29, 2020, 01:09 PM

June outlook: We predict a hotter than average start to summer.

'Enjoy the 70s early next week before the 80s take over.

After a cooler-than-normal middle to late spring, Washington is poised to flip to a hotter-than-average weather pattern.

Key changes in the jet stream pattern will send summer heat first to the nationís midsection before extending to the East Coast at times in the weeks ahead. As a result, we predict June will see above average temperatures, by one to two degrees, and rainfall 0.5 to 1.5 inches below average.

Our forecast is supported by computer models that forecast seasonal to above average temperatures and below normal precipitation over the next two weeks.

Temperatures kick off June on the cool side Monday and Tuesday but then quickly shift hotter with the 80s prevailing, according to an average of model predictions.'>>>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/05/29/dc-june-weather-outlook-2020/?

1 replies, 325 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply June outlook: We predict a hotter than average start to summer. (Original post)
elleng May 29 OP
Mister Ed May 29 #1

Response to elleng (Original post)

Fri May 29, 2020, 11:08 PM

1. "The long, hot summer"

Somehow that sounds familiar to an oldster like me. I have a sense of foreboding...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread