HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » District of Columbia (Group) » "Roe v. Wade" Movie Crew ...

Thu Jul 12, 2018, 01:31 PM

"Roe v. Wade" Movie Crew Member Assaults Reporter

LayerHat Retweeted:

.@willsommer was at the 'Roe v. Wade' set this morning at Lincoln Memorial. Then he was assaulted by a crew member and had his notes taken:

‘Roe v. Wade’ Movie Crew Member Assaulted Reporter

The conservative movie was filming in D.C. when a man with the production ripped a notebook away from me, tore out the pages, and denied it all before he was busted by a cop.

WILL SOMMER
07.12.18 12:47 PM ET

A crew member of a controversial anti-abortion movie stole my notes while I reported from a shooting location in Washington, D.C., on Thursday morning. ... It was the latest embarrassment for the production of the movie, entitled Roe v. Wade. The film’s director and actors Stephen Baldwin and Kevin Sorbo quit the film after reading gory drafts of its full script, which featured what one crew member describes as “buckets of baby fetuses.” Some crew members were also kept in the dark about cameos from conservative provocateurs Tomi Lahren and Milo Yiannopoulos.

While it had been filming in Louisiana, the Roe crew arrived at the Lincoln Memorial in D.C. at dawn on Thursday to film actors Corbin Bernsen and Wade Williams, who play two Supreme Court justices in the movie about the landmark 1973 court decision. But as the cameras rolled, a man later identified by police as a member of the crew came over to where I was sitting in public space with a group of tourists and grabbed my notepad out of my hand by force.

The man hid my notepad in his pocket and began quickly walking away down the steps of the monument. The crew member refused to give the notebook back as he walked away, and insisted that I stop following him. ... As he walked down the monument’s steps, the crew member ripped my notes out of the notepad, handed the notepad back, and crumpled up the notes. Then he continued walking away with the pages, stopping briefly at the production’s snack table.

I called the police. A Park Police officer eventually stopped the man, who slipped the notes into his bag and claimed he didn’t have them. He eventually surrendered the notes to the officer after being searched. ... The officer declined to stop the man, reveal his name, file an incident report, or talk to other members of the crew, insisting that the problem had already been solved.

5 replies, 944 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply "Roe v. Wade" Movie Crew Member Assaults Reporter (Original post)
mahatmakanejeeves Jul 12 OP
montanacowboy Jul 12 #1
area51 Jul 12 #2
RandomAccess Jul 12 #3
mahatmakanejeeves Jul 12 #4
3Hotdogs Jul 12 #5

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Thu Jul 12, 2018, 01:52 PM

1. The Cop did nothing?

what? this guy had something stolen from him which was found on the other's person?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jul 12, 2018, 02:09 PM

2. What are these a-holes so afraid of that they have to steal a reporter's notes? n/t

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 12, 2018, 02:23 PM

3. Stephen Baldwin QUIT the film? Wow

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 12, 2018, 02:28 PM

4. Roe Vs. Wade Movie Cast & Crew Walk Off Set After Being Misled

Roe Vs. Wade Movie Cast & Crew Walk Off Set After Being Misled
RYAN SCOTT 07.09.2018

Roe Vs. Wade is setting itself up to be one of the most controversial movies to come about in quite some time. The Hollywood Reporter broke news of the movie last week with a story that mostly came from producers Nick Loeb and Cathy Allyn. However, there turned out to be a lot more going on behind the scenes with the pro-life, anti-choice movie, as revealed in a separate report from The Daily Beast. As it turns out, cast and crew members have been dropping like flies ever since production on the project started on June 15.

Those who detailed the production of Roe v. Wade, which is currently filming under the title 1973, remained anonymous but the picture they paint is truly crazy. One crew member said, "When I read the first two pages, I was like what the f*** is this?" The movie will be dealing with the landmark Supreme Court decision made in 1973 that dealt with the criminality of limited access to abortions. Supreme Court justices will be played by Jon Voight, Robert Davi, Corbin Bernsen, John Schneider, Richard Portnow, Wade Williams, William Forsythe, and Steve Guttenberg in the movie. Stephen Baldwin and Kevin Sorbo, both noted political conservatives, were initially on board to play two of the justices but once they actually got the script in their hands, they immediately departed the project. Here's what another crew member had to say about the environment on set.

Production on the movie is expected to wrap on July 15. It's unclear if any changes will be made in light of the troubled production and departures of cast and crew members. Nick Loeb was hoping for a PG rating and a January release. The controversy and severe subject matter could certainly have an impact on distribution and the release strategy. Given the issues, it's possible this movie may never actually see the light of day. This news comes to us courtesy of The Daily Beast.

Amid Firestorm, Anti-Abortion 'Roe v. Wade' Film Still Seeks Financing

6:31 AM PDT 7/12/2018 by Tatiana Siegel

Potential investors worry about "weird fake news" included in the synopsis for the now-shooting film that features prominent conservative actors like Jon Voight, Stacey Dash and Robert Davi.
Actor and producer Nick Loeb’s controversial Roe v. Wade movie is said to be hanging by a thread just a week after its public reveal made waves amid a heated debate over President Trump's Supreme Court pick.

Loeb, who is the anti-abortion film’s co-director and arranged financing, is now making a last-ditch effort to raise $1 million to finish the film, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. The producer — best known for his ongoing custody battle with former girlfriend Sofia Vergara over frozen embryos — reached out to potential financiers as recently as Tuesday with a plea to pony up money or the incendiary film may never see the light of day.

One financier who was approached but declined to invest in the film about the 1973 U.S. Supreme Court decision that guaranteed a woman's right to an abortion was turned off by the overt politics of the pitch. “The film reinforces lies that have been told over and over, like Margaret Sanger started Planned Parenthood to kill African-American babies,” says this investor, who declined to be named. “All the weird fake news about abortion is in there. All stuff that is easily debunked.”

The film’s budget is said to be roughly $3.5 million, and Loeb raised $2.5 million out of the gate. However, a knowledgeable source says Loeb and his producing partner Cathy Allyn began shooting June 15 without a completion bond — a dangerous move for investors but not entirely uncommon in the indie film space.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 12, 2018, 04:39 PM

5. They will make their money back. It will be promoted from pulpits.

No matter how bad it is, it will draw.

Two justices going to the Lincoln memorial to seek guidance from God and Ol' Abe? What wanker wouldn't want to see it?

Why I may just sign up for the Tuesday, cheap matinee for comedy relief.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread