HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Entertainment » TV Chat (Group) » Happiness is discovering ...

Tue Jun 16, 2020, 08:52 AM

Happiness is discovering an episode of The Goldbergs I hadn't seen, not the recent series

but the 50's radio-to-TV comedy starring Gertrude Berg, who also wrote every episode and won the first Best-Actress Emmy award in 1950. Such a talent. And such fun to be a fly-on-the-wall in the apartment of a Jewish family in The Bronx in the 50's.

4 replies, 490 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Happiness is discovering an episode of The Goldbergs I hadn't seen, not the recent series (Original post)
Croney Jun 16 OP
samnsara Jun 16 #1
mucifer Jun 16 #2
Croney Jun 16 #3
Lulu KC Jun 16 #4

Response to Croney (Original post)

Tue Jun 16, 2020, 09:01 AM

1. im going to check that out!! Ive been binge watching The Adventures..

...of Ozzie and Harriet and I get so excited when I find a new episode. Started listening to their radio show last summer and found it to be so funny...esp after a few glasses of wine. Ozzie was a comic genius..

I love the radio to tv shows esp the ads! I also listened to the early 50s shows..The Couple Next Door and Little Things in Life.. all written by the same woman who plays in it. There were only a few tv shows by them..called The Ethel and Albert Show. You can find only 3-4 episodes on You Tube as somehow the film was all ruined. (Same people in all of them just 3 different names).

All written by Peg Lynch..one of the first ( and least recognized) women comedy writers in that age

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to samnsara (Reply #1)

Tue Jun 16, 2020, 09:09 AM

2. I agree. I enjoy listening to the old Jack Benny radio shows and imagine what it was like in the 30s

40s and 50s when those shows aired.

Reply to this post

Response to samnsara (Reply #1)

Tue Jun 16, 2020, 09:11 AM

3. Thanks, I'm going to look for some of those!

Reply to this post

Response to Croney (Original post)

Tue Jun 16, 2020, 09:34 AM

4. Yes, those are fun

Time travel!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread