HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Arts & Humanities » Photography (Group) » Snow at Snoqualmie Pass

Wed Jan 17, 2018, 09:12 PM

Snow at Snoqualmie Pass

This was originally going to be a scouting trip in preparation for a major snowfall predicted for the next day...but, when I arrived and found the snow already falling (and the next day's storm bringing a winter storm warning and likely pass closures), I had no choice but to get out in my decidedly-not-ready-for-winter-weather clothing and grab some shots while I had the chance.

As I did with last month's sunset with lenticular clouds over Mount Rainier, I vlogged this shoot.

NOTE: I am hoping to make this a regular series over the next year, so, if you would like to check it out and provide me with constructive criticism (here, rather than in the YouTube comments section), I would appreciate it. For reference, NON-constructive criticism would include "get better equipment than your smartphone" (I intend to), "slow down and speak more clearly" (I already realize I need to), and "get someone other than that ugly fat old guy to host it" (sorry, but there's really not much I can do about that). And also, as I believe you are now legally-required to say on YouTube, "if you enjoyed it, be sure to 'like' and 'subscribe'!"

6 replies, 1707 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Snow at Snoqualmie Pass (Original post)
regnaD kciN Jan 2018 OP
tblue37 Jan 2018 #1
montanacowboy Jan 2018 #2
elleng Jan 2018 #3
samnsara Jan 2018 #4
rurallib Jan 2018 #5
dixiegrrrrl Jan 2018 #6

Response to regnaD kciN (Original post)

Wed Jan 17, 2018, 09:32 PM

1. K&R for visibility. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Jan 17, 2018, 09:36 PM

2. That Pass is a bearcat

It's not that it's so high it just is a SOB in bad weather. Staying on this side of the Cascades until Spring!!

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 17, 2018, 09:37 PM

3. THANKS, and good to see you!

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 17, 2018, 09:38 PM

4. I love it up there....

..we have a cabin on Chinook Pass...we have to park on the road and snow shoe in. Such beauty everywhere.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 17, 2018, 09:40 PM

5. Thank you so much for this

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 17, 2018, 10:39 PM

6. You have no idea how marvelous this is for me.

Washington is my home state, been over all the passes since I was a small girl, it was lovely to see how it looks today.
I really like your work, esp. because you are up there sharing pics of areas I knew so well.
Sweet nostalgia.

And...very nice to "meet" you!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread