HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Single Payer Health Systems (Group) » Boy, it is quiet in here....

Fri Apr 13, 2018, 09:31 AM

Boy, it is quiet in here...

Common Dreams - Spreading 'Like Wildfire': Majority of Americans—Including 74% of Democrats—Now Support Single-Payer

[link:https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/04/12/spreading-wildfire-majority-americans-including-74-democrats-now-support-single|

5 replies, 707 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Boy, it is quiet in here... (Original post)
disillusioned73 Apr 13 OP
MontanaMama Apr 13 #1
disillusioned73 Apr 13 #2
MontanaMama Apr 13 #3
disillusioned73 Apr 13 #4
CorgiAso Friday #5

Response to disillusioned73 (Original post)

Fri Apr 13, 2018, 10:00 AM

1. I am here and

I’m on board with single payer 100%. Being a self employed family and thus self insured, our monthly insurance premium is twice the amount my mortgage payment. Soon I won’t be able to afford insurance and obviously can’t afford to be without it. I know I’m not alone on this. Somethings got to give. Didn’t know about Common Dreams, so thank you! I will check it out.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MontanaMama (Reply #1)

Fri Apr 13, 2018, 10:17 AM

2. Your welcome..

sometimes all the distractions tend to veer our attention away from things we should be fighting FOR.. like I said in the teachers union post, teachers & nurses are leading the fight in things we should be fighting for and campaigning on.. I hope for the sake of your business & many others that single payer or Medicare-for-all becomes a standard plank of the Democratic platform by 2020 - it's obvious that the tide has shifted, unfortunately it will not be a standard campaign issue for 2018 at this point..

Reply to this post

Response to disillusioned73 (Reply #2)

Fri Apr 13, 2018, 11:41 AM

3. I've always wondered why

large corporations aren't supportive of single payer. We own a small business that provides health insurance for our employees and I would LOVE to save that money every month. We provide the insurance because I don't want our staff to worry about getting sick or hurt and being bankrupt. If they aren't worried or stressed over something like that, it is better for them and in turn better for our business. We only employ 7 people...I can't imagine what health insurance costs companies with hundreds of employees. Seems it would make good business sense to get behind single payer.

Reply to this post

Response to MontanaMama (Reply #3)

Fri Apr 13, 2018, 01:07 PM

4. It does seem that way..

but the health insurance & pharmaceutical lobbies are stronger then any sensible corporate support for a single payer system, just like the oil industry lobby is more powerful than the eco-friendly alternatives that we have.. campaign finance plays a big role in all of this..

Reply to this post

Response to disillusioned73 (Original post)

Fri Jun 15, 2018, 08:12 PM

5. i need help

hi, i'm new. can you point me to the right direction to get help with Covered CA? they just called me and said my wife is undocumented and will be kicked off our coverage. thanks.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread