HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Arts & Humanities » Crafts (Group) » Just starting to sew and ...

Thu Mar 6, 2014, 12:03 PM

Just starting to sew and we started a cool first project.

I finally got around to taking my first sewing class. Oh, I've been sewing off and on for many years but didn't really know what the hell I was doing. Anyway, our first project was a "burrito pillowcase." I found a video that I thought might be interesting. I know you sewers out there are going to look at this and think this is pretty easy stuff and it is, but it's the first I've seen of it and I thought it was cool.

4 replies, 1942 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Just starting to sew and we started a cool first project. (Original post)
Le Taz Hot Mar 2014 OP
MuseRider Mar 2014 #1
catchnrelease Mar 2014 #2
KarenS Mar 2014 #3
2banon Mar 2014 #4

Response to Le Taz Hot (Original post)

Thu Mar 6, 2014, 02:53 PM

1. Nice video and a nice project!

I have sewn all my life but have not done it in some time. I made all my kids Halloween costumes making both the patterns and then sewing them, I learned that from my mother.

Does not matter how easy a project is. Some are always easy and some things are always hard.

I like this pillowcase and may just get back to sewing by using this video. It looks short and easy and really pretty. Thank you.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Mar 6, 2014, 04:53 PM

2. Wow!

That's really a cool way to do it! I got some fabric for a pillowcase awhile back and haven't gotten to it yet. This inspires me to give it a try this way. Thanks!

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 6, 2014, 11:40 PM

3. I like this,,,

I really like the french seams and how neat & clean it makes the inside look.

Thank you for posting it. Looks like she has a lot of other videos out there as well.

I want to try one of these. The only thing I would do differently (or she just didn't say it at the beginning) is prewash, dry & iron the fabric first ~ actually I just do a prerinse (no detergent).

Reply to this post

Sat Mar 8, 2014, 07:59 PM

4. I just did this one a few months ago. using this exact video tutor.

Let me know how yours turns out.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread