HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Recreation » EBay, Collectors, Flea Market & Antiques (Group) » eBay, what am I doing wro...

Fri Jan 30, 2015, 11:52 AM

eBay, what am I doing wrong?

Twice I have tried to buy a book listed. Both times I thought I would be given the option to ship to another address. Both times, I got the confirmation that the books would be sent to me at my address. I proceeded thru the PayPal options, expecting to confirm or change shipping address. Did not see it. Now I have the shipping confirmation, have tried to cancel order and have had no reply.
Sure don't want three of the same book. Phooey! What have I missed or have the options changed-either before or after PayPal payment. I must be doing something wrong but don't know what it is. Any ideas--or am I just blind.
I bought the initial book locally and wanted to send a copy to a family member. Tried twice. In addition to my copy, I guess I'll have two more.

6 replies, 2488 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply eBay, what am I doing wrong? (Original post)
Paper Roses Jan 2015 OP
Mnpaul Jan 2015 #1
Vinca Jan 2015 #2
Paper Roses Jan 2015 #3
grasswire Jan 2015 #4
sinkingfeeling Feb 2015 #5
Post removed Mar 2019 #6

Response to Paper Roses (Original post)

Fri Jan 30, 2015, 07:04 PM

1. I don't think that you can do that

ebay would become a haven for stolen credit cards if they did.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Jan 31, 2015, 08:08 AM

2. Send a private message to the seller.

Explain what happened and most will let you off the hook. If you don't get a response open a case against the seller. I normally wouldn't suggest that, but it will get their attention if they ignore you.

Reply to this post

Response to Vinca (Reply #2)

Sat Jan 31, 2015, 01:40 PM

3. Tried that immediately, rec'd e-mail, seller told me book had already been shipped.

My e-mail to the seller was sent right away, as soon as I realized my error. I think the time from my purchase until notification was about 15 minutes. The seller reply was rec'd about 24 hours later. I don't think I will try again to buy something from eBay that I want shipped elsewhere. I thought there was an option to ship to another address. Has this disappeared? Maybe I just missed it.

Now I will own 3 copies of the same book and still have to ship it to my sister. Phooey. My error but I won't do it again.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 31, 2015, 07:47 PM

4. you can sell the two extras on ebay, maybe?

Get your money back on them that way...

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 25, 2015, 12:35 PM

5. I buy things on Ebay, pay for them with Paypal and ship to my sister all the

time.

Step 1

Log in to your PayPal account. Place your mouse's cursor over the "Profile" menu, then click "Add or Edit Street Address" on the list of options. This displays a list of your current shipping addresses.

Step 2

Click the "Add Address" button at the bottom of the list of addresses. Click "Add My Address" to add an alternative address of your own or "Add a Gift Address" to add another person's shipping address.

Related Reading: How to Change an Administrative PayPal Email Address

Step 3

Type the street address, city and zip code in the proper boxes, then select the state from the drop-down list. If you created an alternative address for yourself, click the box next to any credit card you wish to associate with the address under "Associated Credit Cards."

Step 4

Click "Save" to finish adding the shipping address.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread