HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Activism » Economic Activism and Progressive Living (Group) » Goldman Restructures Its ...

Tue Jul 7, 2015, 09:09 AM

Goldman Restructures Its Activism Defense Team

Hope this is the appropriate group for this article. If this does meet the needs for the group please let me know and I will delete.

Goldman Restructures Its Activism Defense Team

By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED - JULY 6, 2015

Goldman Sachs has reshaped its activism defense practice, days after the senior banker who led the team, William Anderson, defected to the boutique investment bank Evercore Partners.

Wall Street of late has pressed to advise companies on defending themselves against dissident investors.

As part of the shift, Goldman has expanded the teamís mission beyond helping companies defend themselves against activist hedge funds to a broader mission of helping them respond to investor reactions of all kinds.

The M.&A. shareholder advisory team, as the new group will be called, will still reside within the mergers division of Goldman, according to an internal memorandum reviewed by DealBook.

The investment bank has named Steven Barg, most recently the firmís head of mergers and acquisitions capital markets, and Avinash Mehrotra, most recently the head of real estate mergers, to lead the group, according to the memo....

Full article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/07/business/dealbook/goldman-restructures-its-activism-defense-team.html?_r=0

1 replies, 1066 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Goldman Restructures Its Activism Defense Team (Original post)
think Jul 2015 OP
dixiegrrrrl Jul 2015 #1

Response to think (Original post)

Tue Jul 7, 2015, 10:30 AM

1. Taking on the expanded role sure highlights how bankers try to control us.

"a broader mission of helping them respond to investor reactions of all kinds"

Also tells me they are afraid of growing rebellion, esp. after the Greece vote.

Divide the people!!!
Pour on the propaganda and more lies!!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread