HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » First post in awhile.

Thu Jun 29, 2017, 06:46 PM

First post in awhile.

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by Chemisse (a host of the The DU Lounge forum).

It seems that when I post my opinions on the Russians it seems I get called vile and disgusting by a lot of folks here. But when these same folks speak in the same terms of Republicans or Trump there is no pushback.
Why is this? I can dis my own countrymen with impunity but I have to draw the line at calling the Russians the rotten potato sucking dogs that they are?
I am no longer sure if I belong here. In my view dems operate in reality and give respect to those who return it. To reflexively defend a vile regime that can only be truthfully described in vile terms is an adherence to a dogma that I am unfamiliar with and to which I would never subscribe.

I apologize if I made anyone puke puppies in outrage. But we are fighting for the future here. Treat all our enemies as you do.the reps. Give no excuse to any of them. Lump them together and we and all our allies will overwhelm them. They are weak. Give them no succor.

5 replies, 2094 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply First post in awhile. (Original post)
LSFL Jun 2017 OP
Laffy Kat Jun 2017 #1
rurallib Jun 2017 #2
OnDoutside Jun 2017 #3
Rhiannon12866 Jun 2017 #4
Chemisse Jun 2017 #5

Response to LSFL (Original post)

Thu Jun 29, 2017, 06:50 PM

1. "Puke puppies"!

I am so stealing that. Welcome, btw.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Laffy Kat (Reply #1)

Thu Jun 29, 2017, 08:09 PM

2. agreed that's a great visual

have to work it into my repertoire

Fri Jun 30, 2017, 03:48 AM

3. the rotten potato sucking dogs that they are...

Will someone not think of the children ?

If that is the far end of your comments on Russians, I'm surprised at you being sanctioned, and yes I've seen Reps called an awful lot worse. I suppose the focus should probably be on the murderous Putin, rather than the ordinary Russian.

Response to OnDoutside (Reply #3)

Fri Jun 30, 2017, 04:26 AM

4. You're exactly right on that

I visited the USSR before it fell, went as part of a peace group with my grandmother. I was scared to death, grew up as a lot of us did thinking that the Russians hated us. But nothing could have been further from the truth. The people are just like us, want the same things. They want a better life for their children and, having experienced the horrors of war on their own turf, are terrified of it ever happening again. They don't deserve Putin anymore than we deserve Trump.

Fri Jun 30, 2017, 11:37 AM

5. Locking

This OP violates the purpose of The Lounge.

Statement of Purpose

Our social forum. Relax with your friends and talk about off-topic stuff. The Lounge is supposed to be a friendly, welcoming place for everyone. No cliquish behavior. No drama. No political arguments. No whining about DU.