HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Good bye Michael Feldman....

Sat Jun 25, 2016, 12:03 PM

Good bye Michael Feldman....whad'Ya Know'..will miss him.

Over 30 years, and I was at two of them.

4 replies, 794 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Good bye Michael Feldman....whad'Ya Know'..will miss him. (Original post)
a kennedy Jun 2016 OP
Ron Obvious Jun 2016 #1
dixiegrrrrl Jun 2016 #2
rurallib Jun 2016 #3
NJCher Jun 2016 #4

Response to a kennedy (Original post)

Sat Jun 25, 2016, 06:27 PM

1. Damn, I didn't know...

I just looked it up and apparently today was the last show. I was not a regular listener anymore, but I always enjoyed it when I caught it, especially the author interviews.

It always did seem like a show from a bygone era... Sorry to see it end like that. Today's NPR is barely worth listening to any longer.

On Edit: I even bought his book: Innuendo and out the Other (I think). I'll have to look for it again.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Jun 25, 2016, 07:31 PM

2. What? the show ending???

I better break this to Mr. dixie gently......

Reply to this post

Sat Jun 25, 2016, 08:13 PM

3. first many of us heard - fill in the story please

did a google and got this:
http://www.wpr.org/wpr-michael-feldman-will-end-production-michael-feldmans-whadya-know-june-30-2016

WPR & Michael Feldman Will End Production Of "Michael Feldman's Whad'Ya Know?" On June 30, 2016

Final Live Show Set For June 25, 2016 In Madison

After 31 years, Wisconsin Public Radio (WPR) and Michael Feldman will end production of Michael Feldman’s Whad’Ya Know? on June 30, 2016. The live, two-hour weekly program, which was created by Michael Feldman in 1985, is among the most successful programs in WPR history. At its peak, the program was heard by more than 1.5 million listeners each week on more than 300 stations.

“The decision to end production of Whad’Ya Know? was a very difficult one,” said WPR Director Mike Crane. “Michael and his team have been part of our Saturday mornings for more than a generation, and we are truly grateful for all that Michael and this program have done for WPR. I also want to extend our thanks to the stations that carried the show; our distribution partner, Public Radio International; and, of course, show musicians John Thulin and Jeff Hamann, announcer Stephanie Lee, and the entire staff of the show,” he added.

Reply to this post

Sat Jun 25, 2016, 08:19 PM

4. Good

I disliked this program.

Cher

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread