HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Sprint car fatality updat...

Fri Sep 26, 2014, 11:54 AM

Sprint car fatality update: Tony Stewart cleared, Kevin Ward stoned

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/24/nascar-stewart-grandjury-idUSL2N0RP2AA20140924

Toxicology tests indicated that Ward was under the influence of marijuana the night of the incident, at levels "enough to impair judgment," (Ontario County, N.Y. District Attorney Michael) Tantillo told a news conference. He said Stewart was not tested, but was interviewed that night by a certified drug recognition expert, who did not find any impairment.

Authorities maintained early in the investigation there was no evidence of criminal behavior by Stewart, but refrained from clearing him while they tried to determine if he hit the throttle as he approached Ward.

1 replies, 726 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sprint car fatality update: Tony Stewart cleared, Kevin Ward stoned (Original post)
jmowreader Sep 2014 OP
edgineered Sep 2014 #1

Response to jmowreader (Original post)

Fri Sep 26, 2014, 12:24 PM

1. Wondering if that same expert would have found

the same conclusion had he interviewed Ward?

He said Stewart was not tested, but was interviewed that night by a certified drug recognition expert, who did not find any impairment.

Some of us have been on meds for so long that not taking them causes a change in behavior. Tell me anything, if it comes from an expert I'm persuaded.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread