HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Whatís all this fuss Iíve...

Wed Oct 3, 2012, 08:10 PM

Whatís all this fuss Iíve been hearing about the presidential erection?

"Weekend Update" recognizes its responsibility to present responsible opposing viewpoints to our editorials. Here, with an editiorial reply, is Miss Emily Litella.

Emily Litella: Whatís all this fuss Iíve been hearing about the 1976 presidential erection? Now, I know they erected a monument for Mr. Lincoln and President Washington, but thatís because theyíre DEAD! Hopefully, the 1976 President wonít be DEAD! So he wonít NEED an erection! If Americans are going to spend money to erect anything, why donít we tear down those nasty slums and erect luxury high rises for poor people and senior citizens! Not for presidents who can afford to pay for their OWN erections!

Chevy Chase: Miss Litella --

Emily Litella: I canít believe the way things are turning out in this country -- what?

Chevy Chase: I'm sorry. Thatís election. The editorial was about the presidential election, not the presidential erection. Election.

Emily Litella: Oh, thatís very different.

Chevy Chase: Yes.

Emily Litella: Never mind.

Chevy Chase: And that's the news. Good night. Good night, and have a pleasant tomorrow.

6 replies, 17782 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Whatís all this fuss Iíve been hearing about the presidential erection? (Original post)
progressoid Oct 2012 OP
mysuzuki2 Oct 2012 #1
HopeHoops Oct 2012 #2
progressoid Oct 2012 #3
HopeHoops Oct 2012 #4
LeftinOH Oct 2012 #5
chemenger Oct 2012 #6

Response to progressoid (Original post)

Wed Oct 3, 2012, 09:04 PM

1. Funny lady. Don't we miss her!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 10:24 AM

2. I loved that character. Remember, "How much noise can a SST make?"

Reply to this post

Response to HopeHoops (Reply #2)

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 11:58 AM

3. I've looked online for videos of her doing Emily

But I can only find a few.

My brother had a couple vhs tapes of the best of SNL from the early years. I should watch them again and see if it all was as funny as I remember.

Reply to this post

Response to progressoid (Reply #3)

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 12:06 PM

4. Last I looked, I found them at the NBC web site, but you couldn't save them - just watch.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 01:47 PM

5. Two of Emily's rants that I still remember:

"What's all this fuss I hear about too much violins on television? What's wrong with violins on television? Violins are lovely instruments!" (Violence on television)

-and-

"What's all this fuss about the problem of Soviet jewelry? Why shouldn't Soviet jewelry be just as good as anyone else's?" (Soviet Jewry)

Reply to this post

Response to LeftinOH (Reply #5)

Fri Oct 5, 2012, 10:10 AM

6. I remember endangered feces (endangered species) and making Puerto Rico a steak (state).

Even more so ... when Jane Curtin took over as anchor for Cheddar Cheese (Chevy Chase) ... "Never Mind ... Bitch!"

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread