HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » is online ordering turnin...

Tue May 4, 2021, 09:53 PM

is online ordering turning us into monsters? Starbucks order w 13 modifications enrages the internet

This weekend, a completely atrocious Starbucks order took Twitter by storm. So atrocious, in fact, that it set off a chain reaction of baristas sharing their own worst nightmare orders from customers.

"On todays episode of why i wanna quit my job," read the caption to the drink, a Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappuccino altered heinously beyond recognition.

With a whopping 13 modifications, ranging from disgustingly sweet ("7 pumps dark caramel sauce" to plain inexplicable ("5 banana"???), the abomination was addressed to someone named Edward, who I can only assume is either a 5-year-old kid who stole his mom's phone, or a serial killer. This guy better have at least tipped handsomely (he almost certainly did not).

https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/2021-05-Starbucks-online-order-viral-frappuccino-16148524.php?IPID=SFGate-HP-CP-Spotlight

9 replies, 517 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply is online ordering turning us into monsters? Starbucks order w 13 modifications enrages the internet (Original post)
Demovictory9 May 4 OP
Drum May 4 #1
Demovictory9 May 4 #4
cinematicdiversions May 4 #2
Blue Owl May 5 #9
Bleacher Creature May 4 #3
Dream Girl May 4 #5
LizBeth May 4 #6
dawg day May 4 #7
LisaM May 4 #8

Response to Demovictory9 (Original post)

Tue May 4, 2021, 10:06 PM

1. That's monstrous, all right

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Drum (Reply #1)

Tue May 4, 2021, 10:13 PM

4. its more like an ice cream shake

Reply to this post

Tue May 4, 2021, 10:09 PM

2. Strangest thing is they got the order right but his name is Johan not Edward. NT

Reply to this post

Response to cinematicdiversions (Reply #2)

Wed May 5, 2021, 12:50 AM

9. At first I thought it might be Niles Crane

Reply to this post

Tue May 4, 2021, 10:12 PM

3. I can only imagine how much this cost.

Don't you pay per flavor shot?

Reply to this post

Response to Bleacher Creature (Reply #3)

Tue May 4, 2021, 10:20 PM

5. And the calories and carbs from all hat sugar!

Reply to this post

Tue May 4, 2021, 10:33 PM

6. Wrote a post earlier, read an article and talking to friend tonight. I am not looking

into getting back to customer service. People were already angry and threatening, to an old woman. I am not looking forward to how people are behaving today. I don't wanna. Gotta be a better way, old and tired.

Reply to this post

Tue May 4, 2021, 10:36 PM

7. I'm not a coffee drinker--

But I remember offering to get a coffee from the Starbucks next door for a friend who was having to wait for an appointment. I thought, stupidly, it would be, you know, cream, no sugar, that sort of thing.

It took her 5 minutes to write down everything she wanted in that coffee-- cinnamon and chocolate shavings and who knows what else. I gritted my teeth and got it, but I have never offered again.

Reply to this post

Tue May 4, 2021, 11:15 PM

8. I worked as a barista but there were fewer choices then.

Thank GOD.

I don't get coffee out much, and if I do, I order either a.plain Americano with three shots (iced in summer) or a Peppermint Mocha around the holidays. I have that with nonfat milk, but you have to tell them what kind of milk anyway.

So why do I always end up in line behind someone who is getting drinks for four people, all complicated?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread