HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » May the Farce Be with You...

Tue May 4, 2021, 07:27 AM

May the Farce Be with You - GoodNews Roundup for Bluesday, May the Fourth

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/5/4/2028727/-May-the-Farce-Be-with-You-Good-News-Roundup-for-Bluesday-May-the-Fourth

Oh, my goodness! The spring holiday season is fully upon us. May Day, when we dance with wild abandon around maypoles that signify either the axis mundi or oversized penises, hit us three days ago. International Mayonnaise Appreciation Day will spread itself out tomorrow (Cinco de Mayo). Memorial Day is coming at the end of the month. Iím sure there are other holidays Iíve overlooked.

However, today is celebrated around the world, as we pause and take a moment to remember Luke blowing up the Deathstar a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. It is a time to rejoice in a lucky shot that saved the universe from the nasty fascists. As we know from all the sequels, prequels, books and other collateral records, fascists are awfully persistent.

Even todayís celebrations are under siege from the unrepentant minions of Darth Former Guy and Not So Supreme Council of Morans. Stormtrumpers are out and about, flaunting their entitled whiteness and forceful embrace of the Dark Side.

Itís like the old Layís Potato chip ad ó when it comes to republicans, I bet you canít loathe just one.

4 replies, 257 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply May the Farce Be with You - GoodNews Roundup for Bluesday, May the Fourth (Original post)
multigraincracker May 4 OP
abqtommy May 4 #1
sarge43 May 4 #2
LetMyPeopleVote May 4 #3
electric_blue68 May 4 #4

Response to multigraincracker (Original post)

Tue May 4, 2021, 07:43 AM

1. We can't loathe just one reTHUG Fascist Insurrectionist when it's so easy to loathe

them ALL! We gotta catch 'em ALL and lock 'em ALL up!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to abqtommy (Reply #1)

Tue May 4, 2021, 09:27 AM

2. It's their turn to yell, "It's a trap!!" n/t

Reply to this post

Tue May 4, 2021, 12:37 PM

3. May the 4th be with you

Reply to this post

Tue May 4, 2021, 04:56 PM

4. and with you. 😁

I didn't know there an International Mayo day!

Helmens, please. 😁

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread