HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Wow. The Royals and the G...

Thu Apr 29, 2021, 07:59 PM

Wow. The Royals and the Giants come smokin' out of the gate...

...and Buster Posey, playing like an MVP. The Twins falling on their faces. The Yankees hitting a combined .178, or something like that. Iron Man Aaron Judge not letting a few aches and pains keep *him* out of the line-up.. . Jacob de Grom looking like the reincarnation of Walter Johnson. Mike Trout hitting over .400--and making me wonder if he *will* do it all year. Even Albert Pujols hitting a few home runs, at least, despite the fact that he's 55 years old or something. Byron Buxton looking like the reincarnation of Willie Mays. It's been a fun month in baseball, despite 22-man pitching staffs and six hour games, or so it seems...maybe I'll follow it just a bit longer...

3 replies, 433 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Wow. The Royals and the Giants come smokin' out of the gate... (Original post)
First Speaker Apr 29 OP
Claire Oh Nette Apr 29 #1
gratuitous Apr 30 #2
lucca18 Apr 30 #3

Response to First Speaker (Original post)

Thu Apr 29, 2021, 10:43 PM

1. Go Giants!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Apr 30, 2021, 05:32 PM

2. The mighty, mighty Royals!

Best record in the majors, ranked number 8 in ESPN's MLB power rankings. Yeah, it doesn't make sense except for ESPN's total obsession with the Yankees to the exclusion of every other team but one* in the American League.

*See if you can guess who that is!

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 30, 2021, 05:43 PM

3. Go Giants!

😍❤️
The pitching has been impressive!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread