HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Prancer, The 'Haunted Vic...

Tue Apr 27, 2021, 07:33 PM

Prancer, The 'Haunted Victorian Child' Dog From Viral Ad, Has Been Adopted

Tweet text:
NPR
@NPR
Good news: Prancer, the 13-pound gremlin Chihuahua who hates men and children, and was described as a "vessel for a traumatized Victorian child," has been adopted by a 36-year-old single lesbian in Connecticut.

Prancer, The 'Haunted Victorian Child' Dog From Viral Ad, Has Been Adopted
The 13-pound Chihuahua, who hates men, children and other animals, was also described as "a chucky doll in a dog's body." Now, he has found a home with a 36-year-old single woman in Connecticut.
npr.org
4:28 PM Apr 27, 2021

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/27/991376581/prancer-the-haunted-victorian-child-dog-from-viral-ad-has-been-adopted

Good news: Prancer has been adopted.

The two-year-old, 13-pound Chihuahua mutt not-so-charitably described as "a chucky doll in a dog's body" was listed for an adoption earlier this month in an unusually honest ad that charmed hundreds of thousands of people on social media.

Now, Prancer the "haunted Victorian child in the body of a small dog that hates men and children" has found a home with Ariel Davis, a 36-year-old resident of New Haven, Conn. She brought Prancer home last week, according to his newly created Instagram account.

"I read the article, I connected to it, and I was like you know what, why not? I'll just send them an email. What's the worst that could happen?" Davis said in an interview with Today.

While rescue dog ads can be notorious for euphemisms about problematic behaviors, Prancer's viral listing did not sugarcoat his shortcomings, of which there are many: He hates men. He hates children. He hates dogs. He hates cats. He is nervous and fearful and poorly socialized.

*snip*

4 replies, 382 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Prancer, The 'Haunted Victorian Child' Dog From Viral Ad, Has Been Adopted (Original post)
Nevilledog Apr 27 OP
soothsayer Apr 27 #1
Goonch Apr 27 #2
XanaDUer2 Apr 27 #3
Karadeniz Apr 27 #4

Response to Nevilledog (Original post)

Tue Apr 27, 2021, 07:35 PM

1. Aww, I wish them happiness

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Nevilledog (Original post)

Tue Apr 27, 2021, 07:46 PM