HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » 'Demonic' Chihuahua finds...

Mon Apr 26, 2021, 02:45 PM

'Demonic' Chihuahua finds home after 6-month search. 'Finding a needle in a haystack'

Last week, Ariel Davis came from Connecticut to meet Prancer. She has no other pets and there are no men or children living in her home. She wanted to give the particular pup the life he wanted.

“Ariel showed up with a platter of his favorite foods to make a great first impression on him, and was respectful of his space and giving him time to warm up and trust,” the adoption center said. “She listened to our decompression advice and training tips to help him be the best little devil he can be.”

Davis told TODAY that she previously owned a dog that was a lot like Prancer, and when she saw the adoption ad, she knew she might be a good fit.

“I had a dog that I adopted probably about seven years ago, and I raised him from a puppy and he was a Chihuahua/Jack Russel Terrier mix,” she told TODAY. “He had a lot of the same qualities as Prancer, he was a little neurotic and he barked a lot and he didn’t work well with other people and other animals. I spent a lot of time working with him and understanding his personality and learning about myself through him.”

Davis said she has been getting along great with Prancer, who has been happy and relaxed in his new home. That’s definitely an improvement from his last home, where Prancer was “a 13-pound rage machine.”

“So Farewell New Jersey Devil,” the adoption center said. “You are Connecticut’s problem now.”

https://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article250953239.html

3 replies, 387 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'Demonic' Chihuahua finds home after 6-month search. 'Finding a needle in a haystack' (Original post)
demmiblue Apr 26 OP
WA-03 Democrat Apr 26 #1
multigraincracker Apr 26 #2
UTUSN Apr 26 #3

Response to demmiblue (Original post)

Mon Apr 26, 2021, 02:49 PM

1. That last line...

Very funny! Thanks for posting I remember the initial ad. Glad they met but will miss the center’s clever copywriting.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Apr 26, 2021, 03:09 PM

2. We have one that thinks he is a tuff guy.

Except for our 15 year old cat, he is scared to death of her and hides under my chair when she walks by.

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 26, 2021, 06:27 PM

3. HAH!1

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread