HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » The Peacock was blocking ...

Mon Apr 26, 2021, 12:41 PM

The Peacock was blocking the door Boss

title-San Antonio man shows up to work to find gorgeous peacock standing guard
“Sorry I’m late, the peacock wouldn’t let me in!”
(by) Sarah Martinez

?s=20

source-https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/amp/San-Antonio-peacock-aggressive-block-16123610.php?utm_campaign=CMS%20Sharing%20Tools%20(Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral&__twitter_impression=true

snip-"It’s true. Though incredibly colorful and beautiful, peacocks have a certain reputation. They are territorial, especially during mating season, and have sharp beaks and talons. The bird can also produce a piercing shriek that may or may not contribute to most people being hesitant to get too close."

snip-"The wise group decided it was best to leave the animal alone, but called campus security to take care of the matter. Since security took a while to show up, Daley said he and most of the crowd waiting by the door ended up using another entrance to get inside the building.

“I eventually saw the peacock walk away on its own from my lab window just before security arrived,” Daley said. “So no major drama!”

If you see this — or any — peacock at your place of work, perhaps it's best to do like Daley and his coworkers did and just find another entrance."

more at source

3 replies, 339 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Peacock was blocking the door Boss (Original post)
irisblue Apr 26 OP
I_UndergroundPanther Apr 26 #1
irisblue Apr 26 #2
irisblue Apr 26 #3

Response to irisblue (Original post)

Mon Apr 26, 2021, 01:35 PM

1. There was a bar

My father went to often that had a peacock and two peahens.

My father was an alcoholic and had no shame dragging my ass to the bar when I was a kid. But I loved that peacock, he'd sleep in my arms,his long train draping over my elbow.
After awhile I had to sit on the steps and put his tail on it to support it as that tail was pretty heavy after awhile.

He was the sweetest bird. Sometimes I got him bar snacks from the bar to treat him with. The peahens were more standoffish but they got a hug and kiss on the head and treats too,when I came there. Then they'd just sit near me as I held the peacock ,pet him and sung to them..

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to I_UndergroundPanther (Reply #1)

Mon Apr 26, 2021, 01:38 PM

2. that is a sweet memory to have.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to I_UndergroundPanther (Reply #1)

Reply to this thread