HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Olympic figure skater Yur...

Mon Feb 12, 2018, 01:26 PM

Olympic figure skater Yura Min suffers wardrobe malfunction, handles it with class

Awful. You train years and years and years for these few minutes, and then this happens.

Olympic figure skater Yura Min suffers wardrobe malfunction, handles it with class

Zuri Davis, Rare.us

4:32 a.m. Monday, Feb. 12, 2018

GANGNEUNG, South Korea
What would one of the largest international events be without a few wardrobe malfunctions here and there? Yura Min of South Korea might have an idea as her Olympics debut kicked off with some inconvenience.

The moment that would leave anyone horrified began only seconds into her performance with ice dancing partner Alexander Gamelin when the top of her costume disconnected in the back.

Min handled the setback like a true Olympian, adjusting her clothing and continuing her performance.

“I didn’t stop,” she told the Detroit Free Press. “I went from the beginning to the end. I didn’t stop because you get a deduction if you stop in the middle of a program. In my head, I was thinking, ‘Is it better to stop and fix it and get the deduction or keep going?'”

Wardrobe malfunction threatens Novi ice dancer's Winter Olympics debut

1 replies, 477 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Olympic figure skater Yura Min suffers wardrobe malfunction, handles it with class (Original post)
mahatmakanejeeves Feb 2018 OP
Control-Z Feb 2018 #1

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Mon Feb 12, 2018, 03:21 PM

1. I watched that.

She missed an important move/spin while she pulled her costume back up onto her shoulder. I believe she would have been risking full frontal exposure had she not pulled it up when she did. She displayed more poise and problem solving in that one moment than I think I ever have in my entire life.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread