HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » If it's way past midnight...

Mon Jan 1, 2018, 02:39 AM

If it's way past midnight,

and it's New Year's eve still (just because you haven't slept yet) and your of an age (60+) and living alone, then here are two songs for the girls who might have been so much more in your lives...

3 replies, 930 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply If it's way past midnight, (Original post)
flotsam Jan 2018 OP
lapfog_1 Jan 2018 #1
flotsam Jan 2018 #2
msongs Jan 2018 #3

Response to flotsam (Original post)

Mon Jan 1, 2018, 02:58 AM

1. 3 min to midnight

and that just made me sad...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to lapfog_1 (Reply #1)

Mon Jan 1, 2018, 03:21 AM

2. The attempt was to be bittersweet

I am alone but this is a pure Irish thing where you pick a point and lay some ghosts. I've lived a pretty good life and have children and grandchildren that delight me. But if you are old enough you feel the ghost of I've missed by just 5 inches or a misplaced phrase. A young redhead nearly your girl, an asshole move that killed something promising. The truth is this-the wife of my youth died young and it's really OK to wonder about alternative endings. I've smelled popcorn in an outdoor mall while holding hands with a girl I haven't kissed yet. I thank the Lord for that but recognize it ain't going to happen again. Bittersweet, not sad just knowing some things happen only once.

Reply to this post

Response to flotsam (Original post)

Mon Jan 1, 2018, 03:36 AM

3. new years as something special is cultural programming and can be unprogrammed nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread