HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Trump's DOJ Spied On...Ev...

Sun Jun 13, 2021, 10:30 PM

Trump's DOJ Spied On...Everyone - MSNBC

First we learned it was members of the media, then members of Congress. New revelations from the New York Times show how Trumpís Department of Justice also obtained metadata records on former White House Special Counsel, Don McGahn. Alicia Menendez and her panel discuss the latest on this fast-evolving story, with former Watergate Special Prosecutor, Jill Wine-Banks noting this might even be worse than what Nixon did during the scandal that ended his presidency. Aired on 06/13/2021.

6 replies, 1454 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump's DOJ Spied On...Everyone - MSNBC (Original post)
Rhiannon12866 Jun 13 OP
Blue Owl Jun 14 #1
Rhiannon12866 Jun 14 #2
bucolic_frolic Jun 14 #3
twodogsbarking Jun 15 #4
magicguido Jun 15 #5
lagomorph777 Jun 15 #6

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Original post)

Mon Jun 14, 2021, 02:43 AM

1. t***p was and still is a paranoid narcissist

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Blue Owl (Reply #1)

Mon Jun 14, 2021, 03:05 AM

2. I don't know if you have Mary Trump's book,

But I have it on audio - read by the author, and I'm listening to it in my car for the second time and it explains so much. Even starting when he was a child, he got away with everything. As a kid and a teen, he was pretty much incorrigible, that's why he was sent away to military school. But his father pinned all his hopes on him, his elder brother didn't have a ruthless enough temperament. So Donald got away with everything and when he started making his own decisions, he got into trouble (especially financial) so his father was obligated to bail him out. His deplorable behavior makes a lot more sense now after what I learned from Mary Trump's book.

Reply to this post

Mon Jun 14, 2021, 09:47 AM

3. Sessions, Barr, Rosenstein

didn't know? If true, some other spying operation was ongoing with grand jury subpoenas. Impossible AG and DAG wouldn't be informed; it was so outside normal.

Barr answered Sen. Harris: 'grapple with the word suggest'...there have been discussions...with matters out there"

I wonder if this implies an extra-legal operation outside the rule of law? Led by whom, for what, approved by whom? One of the Trump judges? Trump's had a remarkable fast track direct line to SCOTUS. Would a Justice sign off on such?

Reply to this post

Tue Jun 15, 2021, 06:22 AM

4. Nixon did the same.

Never think he wasn't that bad.

Reply to this post

Tue Jun 15, 2021, 09:44 AM

5. Nixon was a novice compared to the Criminality of trump.

Reply to this post

Tue Jun 15, 2021, 11:32 AM

6. Way worse than Watergate. One of many Trump crimes worse than Watergate.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread