HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Boehner Blames Trump For ...

Thu Apr 8, 2021, 03:25 AM

Boehner Blames Trump For Deadly Capitol Insurrection - The 11th Hour - MSNBC

In his upcoming memoir, John Boehner blames Donald Trump for losing the Senate and inciting the deadly Capitol riot on January 6 according to The New York Times. MSNBC's Ali Velshi shares the details. Aired on 04/07/2021.

4 replies, 847 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Boehner Blames Trump For Deadly Capitol Insurrection - The 11th Hour - MSNBC (Original post)
Rhiannon12866 Thursday OP
ClusterFreak Thursday #1
Rhiannon12866 Thursday #2
ClusterFreak Thursday #4
markpkessinger Thursday #3

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Original post)

Thu Apr 8, 2021, 06:53 AM

1. It's amazing...

...how simply telling the irrefutable truth - which is crystal clear and utterly obvious to anyone with eyes open and ears listening - can make someone seem brave in the eyes of others. Brave. Brave as in, it's brave to stand up and say the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. Yes, indeed it does. Bravo, and good on ya for saying so!!

Yes, Donald Trump incited the January 6th insurrection. I can now say that because people like John Boehner said it first.

Glad he did, but it ain't brave. It just ain't deluded.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ClusterFreak (Reply #1)

Thu Apr 8, 2021, 07:14 AM

2. Well said.

And this was almost a humorous segment because it told the unvarnished truth, something we're not used to hearing. There was even speculation that he must have been drinking to have spoken as plainly as he did. I've obviously never been a fan of Boehner, but now I like him more than I did.

Reply to this post

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Reply #2)

Thu Apr 8, 2021, 06:02 PM

4. I seem to recall Boehner 'speaking out', as it were...

...during last year's election campaign maybe a couple of times. He's certainly no fan of Trump though I gotta wonder if he'd be so **cough** 'brave' if he were still in Congress. I doubt it. None of them ever are. Once out of office and untethered to political necessities, the John Boehners of this world seem to find they have a spine and start speaking some truth. This is true of ALL politicians of course of whatever stripe, but really it does seem the repubs have the market cornered on post political Road to Damascus conversions.

By the way, I'd also like to add Rhiannon12866 I enjoy your video posts and check them out frequently. Keep up the good work!!

Reply to this post

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Original post)

Thu Apr 8, 2021, 03:36 PM

3. Count me unimpressed

Boehner, as much as anyone, was responsible for feeding the radicalism of the Republican Party throughout the Obama administration. And although he now criticizes the Tea Party movement, he kowtowed to the Tea Party caucus time and time again while he was Speaker. Boehner was every bit the bad faith actor that McConnell is!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread