HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Schiff: Trump's Consequen...

Tue Nov 24, 2020, 09:51 AM

Schiff: Trump's Consequences for Coup Attempt l BTC interview

9 replies, 1741 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Schiff: Trump's Consequences for Coup Attempt l BTC interview (Original post)
sagesnow Nov 2020 OP
magicguido Nov 2020 #1
hedda_foil Nov 2020 #2
llashram Nov 2020 #3
LiberalLovinLug Nov 2020 #7
llashram Nov 2020 #9
MyOwnPeace Nov 2020 #4
Escurumbele Nov 2020 #5
LiberalLovinLug Nov 2020 #8
spike jones Nov 2020 #6

Response to sagesnow (Original post)

Tue Nov 24, 2020, 10:18 AM

1. trump throws out a toxic stew of lies that infects the low information supporters

creating doubt ; anger and the need to send money. But he is playing a dangerous game

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to magicguido (Reply #1)

Tue Nov 24, 2020, 10:30 AM

2. Your posts are great but please ditch the Rudy snot wipe GIF.

It's nauseating.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 24, 2020, 10:31 AM

3. hate to hear those words"move on" in any context

by any of our Party's representatives. We dodged a bullet in this country, we better harden our vests more and call for accountability from those who have quietly sat on the sidelines while trump rampaged through our democracy. What incentive would trump-pets like Dejoy, DeVos, Murphy have to speak out after we "move on"? Hell, 70million plus voters would goosestep down Pennsylvania Ave. with arm outstretched for their fuhrer. Dejoy, Murphy, McConnell, Graham will start the spin to their anti-democratic very real and dangerous actions soon to I hope the dissatisfaction of the "move on" people in our leadership and among our voting members. All we can do is wait and see how things shake out after January 20th, again.

Reply to this post

Response to llashram (Reply #3)

Tue Nov 24, 2020, 03:24 PM

7. I was disappointed with Schiff's responses.

"All we can do is move forward in good faith"

No...how can you still have "good faith" that Republicans will want to work together for the sake of the country?

The non answers, the dampening down of the idea of criminal behaviour being prosecuted.

Some will say this is all 5D chess. That they say this now, but you just wait til Jan 20th baby! Hell fire coming down!

We all thought that when W Bush and the neo cons were defeated, they'd pay a price for lying and unnecessary death, injury, and destruction, all to stuff their portfolios.

I still think that too many top Democrats are convinced that appeasing enough in the other party, to get legislation through, no matter how toothless it is whittled down to after making a deal in House, and letting the Senate gut it further. That that is better than nothing on their resumes for a Democratic term, but following the evidence and having to defend going after Trump and his stooges is a "distraction". That all may be true. But when do they stop and say, enough is enough!. Very disappointed with his non-response when asked about the consequences of not prosecuting and so enable future administrations to get away with even more.

Reply to this post

Response to LiberalLovinLug (Reply #7)

Tue Nov 24, 2020, 03:28 PM

9. this is true

very disappointed. It seems like deja vu...

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 24, 2020, 10:35 AM

4. What a brilliant man,

whether you call him "Pencil-neck, Watermelon-head," or just plain Adam!
I vividly remember his closing argument to the Senate regarding the impeachment of IQ45 and his warnings that IQ45 will continue to do what he has always done unless they impeach.
He was SO right about that - and this interview kinda' gave him the chance to throw out an "I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!"

Thank you , Sir, for your service to our country!

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 24, 2020, 11:24 AM

5. The way to heal the country is by making people accountable for their crimes

If these people are not made accountable for their crimes then things will only get worst. For one, I believe it will embolden the radicals like the "Proud Boys" and those groups to commit crimes. If there is no accountability why should they worry?

And the most dangerous precedent would be what it signals to another corrupt being like trump but with brains. Also, it will continue to allow republicans to be the crap they are today.

A lot of rules on the presidency must be enacted, if there is something we all should have learned is that the POTUS has too much power, and that power is very destructive in the hands of a corrupt person. The POTUS has to be reigned in, and that "opinion" that a sitting president cannot be indicted must be scratched out, it makes no sense. An opinion as such would actually allow trump or any other corrupt president to shoot someone in 5th avenue and get away with while being president. Many dictators have done it, and then in the middle of the night they leave to a country with no extradition to enjoy the rest of their lives in luxury from the money they stole from the country they presided.

And I have a feeling that with all the destruction trump is making right now, all on behalf of Putin, he is buying his stay in Russia without the fear of being extradited to the USA, unless of course, Putin sees some great reward for himself.

Reply to this post

Response to Escurumbele (Reply #5)

Tue Nov 24, 2020, 03:27 PM

8. +1000

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 24, 2020, 12:46 PM

6. No path to subvert the election??

Wasn’t the Supreme Court decision in 2000 that the client, Bush, would be damaged if the recount continued? That was a very arbitrary ruling about an election where someone is always “damaged” by the vote count. It could happen again. I think it just would take for one lower court decision to be appealed to the SC and Trump would be selected there.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread