HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Assume the worst. Don't p...

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 09:22 PM

Assume the worst. Don't pop your Champagne corks just yet

Expect votes to be thrown out. Expect court challenges. Expect trump to declare early victory without counting votes. Expect votes to “get lost” in the mail and never be delivered. Expect intimidation. Expect CHEATING by Bill Barr Expect crazy court rulings by Brett the Rapist.

34 replies, 1260 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 34 replies Author Time Post
Reply Assume the worst. Don't pop your Champagne corks just yet (Original post)
magicguido Oct 29 OP
jrthin Oct 29 #1
Me. Oct 29 #2
George II Oct 29 #12
Me. Oct 29 #16
George II Oct 29 #17
Me. Oct 30 #25
TwilightZone Oct 29 #3
mzmolly Oct 29 #4
Thekaspervote Oct 29 #5
bucolic_frolic Oct 29 #6
dchill Oct 29 #11
George II Oct 29 #14
LizBeth Oct 29 #7
LiberalLovinLug Oct 29 #8
sweetloukillbot Oct 29 #13
Gothmog Oct 30 #21
Gothmog Oct 30 #20
George II Oct 30 #23
LiberalLovinLug Oct 30 #31
NRaleighLiberal Oct 29 #9
Blue Owl Oct 29 #10
George II Oct 29 #15
betsuni Oct 29 #18
Gothmog Oct 30 #19
pat_k Oct 30 #22
NurseJackie Oct 30 #24
George II Oct 30 #26
The Polack MSgt Oct 30 #28
NurseJackie Oct 30 #29
obamanut2012 Oct 30 #27
magicguido Oct 30 #30
Cha Oct 30 #32
NurseJackie Oct 30 #33
sheshe2 Oct 30 #34

Response to magicguido (Original post)

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 09:24 PM

1. I loathe Michael Moore.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 09:24 PM

2. Michael Moore?

Really?

Reply to this post

Response to Me. (Reply #2)

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 10:11 PM

12. Krystal Ball?

Reply to this post

Response to George II (Reply #12)

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 10:42 PM

16. Has She Been Heard From Lately?

Or is there no money for her in this?

Reply to this post

Response to Me. (Reply #16)

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 10:51 PM

17. She's got that gig on "The Hill" where she bashes Democrats relentlessly. I guess her "Super PAC"...

...where she paid herself about 60% of all contributions has gone belly up.

Reply to this post

Response to George II (Reply #17)

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 09:30 AM

25. Did You Expect Anything Else From That Bottom Feeder?

Haven't heard much from Tim Ryan lately either

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 09:25 PM

3. No.

The doom-and-gloom bullshit is beyond tiresome.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 09:25 PM

4. DUN DUN DUUUUN!!!

&ab_channel=QualityReactions

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 09:29 PM

5. Why post this...seriously the guy bashed HRC and Biden. Hangs out with nina turner

susan sarandon, cornel west

He is no friend to the Dems...just all about himself!!

Don’t we have enough anxiety About the election??!!

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 09:30 PM

6. Yes, a nightmare is not complete without Michael Moore poking his greedy little puss into it

because face it, MM feeds off the problems corporate America creates and Trump is that guy! So to defeat Trump is bad for MM's documentaries.

Reply to this post

Response to bucolic_frolic (Reply #6)

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 09:53 PM

11. In Michael Moore's defense, his puss is pretty big.

Reply to this post

Response to dchill (Reply #11)

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 10:14 PM

14. Bazinga!

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 09:30 PM

7. Michael Moore go home. I was not all into the title, but then seeing Moore face, of course.

He is probably feeling glee while telling his doom and gloom, whatever it is, but I am not listening.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 09:36 PM

8. I LOVE Michael Moore

Besides all the great documentaries that have HELPED highlight Democratic issues. Campaigning for Democrats with Get Out The Vote at colleges. All the brave, funny, insightful work he has done. An American hero as far as I'm concerned.
But some people are confused and hate the messenger instead. Especially if he is proven right. He was right last time. But he is hated as if he personally put Trump in the White House, simply for predicting it. And warning about it.

Personally I have a quiet confidence that Biden will win. Even though I do believe there are many shy Trump voters who are just as brainwashed as the loud ones that go to his rallies. And it will be close. But we need this right now from MM. For all those last minute voters. Maybe some that had already decided they didn't have to.

Reply to this post

Response to LiberalLovinLug (Reply #8)

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 10:13 PM

13. Really highlighted Democratic issues in 2000

I remember his “both are the same spiel” that was pretty cool, getting people to vote Nader.

Reply to this post

Response to sweetloukillbot (Reply #13)

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 12:51 AM

21. Moore supported Nader in 2000

Last edited Fri Oct 30, 2020, 08:07 AM - Edit history (1)

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 12:50 AM

20. What great documentaries?

His last couple films bombed big time

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 08:05 AM

23. Michael Moore is a multimillionaire (i.e., in the HIGH 1%), has he done a thing....

....about the "Democratic issues" that he presumably has helped highlight?

He lives in Flint. Other than talk and complain about it, has he done anything at all to correct the situation with the water?

Has he ever said anything positive about Democrats or our Democratic candidate? Shit, in 2018, two years AFTER leaving office, he was still bashing Obama.

Reply to this post

Response to George II (Reply #23)

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 01:05 PM

31. Universal healthcare, sensible gun control, labour rights, clean air

Are not these issues that Democratic voters care about?

Or maybe its not about the issues, its who brings them up, amIright?
Criticizing the Democratic party for not supporting gay marriage in the 2000's was probably a terrible, backstabbing position for some....until the word came down that the party officially supported it. Is that how folks decide what issues they support? What a bizarre way to decide one's personal beliefs and positions on issues.

Makes no difference if the critiquing is done, whether by Moore, Sanders, AOC etc.. in their minds, to improve things for the American people, to push the party forwards, supporting M4A over private monopolization as an example. No, if the official party stance is not quite on the same track yet.....the usurpers must be demonized. To the point that they are just as, or more so, despised than the vile racist a-holes on the other side who do not want anything that Democrats, and other liberals that may not identify as Democrats want. Sorry, I just do not understand that kind of vitriol or what some expect that to accomplish.

I just have never understood the concept of lock step party first.....issues second. I guess I choose who I vote for differently. I first have my own opinions and issues I'd like a party to push forward, and then go shopping for the party that best, not totally of course, matches what I'd like. In the US, I'd support the Democratic party for that reason. But voting for a certain party does not mean I can't bring up criticisms of that party. Or as you call it "bashing". Weird eh?

For both Obama AND Hillary he produced films and toured to get out the vote for them.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-ap-moore-obama22apr22-story.html

Michael Moore wants voters in Pennsylvania to cast their ballots for Barack Obama.
Moore endorsed Obama in a 1,100-word posting on his Web site Monday. It includes praise for the Illinois senator

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/michael-moore-s-october-surprise-new-pro-hillary-clinton-film-n668791

In "Michael Moore in TrumpLand," Moore takes center stage in a way like he never has before. The film is a one-man show extolling the virtues of Clinton's political career and her potential for greatness as a president before an audience largely composed of skeptics. It takes places in the largely conservative community Wilmington, Ohio -- the birthplace of the banana split, and located in Clinton County.

Again and again I am shocked and disappointed how normally liberally minded people eat their own.

And what more did you expect Moore to do about the water in Flint? He's not a politician. One of the reasons he began to criticize Obama was Obama's staged drinking a glass of bad water implying everything was fine. Do you not see how that could make Moore, a Flint native, have a beef with Obama? Is he not allowed to express his frustration with that? Or feel angry about that? Wouldn't that fall into the category of simple human emotion?

Moore has made multiple important documentaries. Confronting those in power on film. Can you not just appreciate his work? Even if he may be to the left of you politically? I just don't get that kind of compartmentalization. I'm confused about that. I honestly just want to understand it. Mostly because I think that kind of xenophobia and ostracization within a party is harmful. And all I want is to have a strong united and inclusive Democratic party. One where AOC and Joe Biden can both be Democrats. We are stronger together.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 09:36 PM

9. He picks a C poll outlier for June (16 pt lead, another pollster had 4).

What one should take from watching this slop of bullshit is simply "don't take Biden's big lead for granted - VOTE".

The rest is all....gobbldygook

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 09:37 PM

10. Less Moore please

n/t

Reply to this post

Response to Blue Owl (Reply #10)

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 10:15 PM

15. "Less is Moore"! An old David Letterman line about CBS honcho Les Moonves.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 10:57 PM

18. Again with the "evil genius" stuff: "He's smarter than all of us."

Rallies aren't an indicator of victory. The idea that one more rally in Michigan is going to make any difference:

It's embarrassing how many times he brings up his Trump prediction in 2016. Now he says Republicans are going to cheat to win in 2020, but he doesn't think they cheated in 2016. No Russian influence, effects of gutting the voter's rights act, Republican cheating. No, he thinks people carefully studied the policies of both parties and found Democrats weren't progressive enough, ignored the working class, and Hillary didn't do enough rallies in Wisconsin so they voted for Trump or stayed home.

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 12:48 AM

19. Who cares what this person thinks?

Why should anyone care about this person’s views? I change channels when this person comes on MSNBC

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 01:08 AM

22. It's tragic. We need vote margins of about 5% to ensure we overcome "vote subtraction" tactics.

I think we can get there, but the fact that we have to have big "pre-vote subtraction" margins is beyond tragic.

We've GOT to do something BIG to ensure truly free and fair elections. This cannot go on cycle after cycle.

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 09:09 AM

24. This serves no good purpose. Michael Moore is a slob who's trying to depress the vote...

This serves no good purpose. Michael Moore is a slob who's trying to depress the vote.

It's his obnoxious "predictions" that serve to create an atmosphere of negativity: Negativity generates apathy. Apathy discourages voter turnout. Low voter turnout gives Republicans a chance to steal the elections.

It also serves as an opportunity for Moore to line his pockets by being invited to speak as some sort of political "genius" for having "predicted" Trump's win. But he's also "predicted" Trump's loss... so I guess he's covering all bases.

Whatever the outcome, he can claim "I PREDICTED IT!!" and then sell more tickets, books, DVD's, whatever.

He's a treacherous god-damned Stein-Loving Nader-loving Democrat-hating jerk... with bread crumbs stuck on his unshaven face and egg yolk and bacon grease stains on his t-shirt. He's so full of BS.

Why is this shit being posted here? Why now? Why does anyone listen to that son of a bitch AT ALL?? He doesn't support DEMOCRATS, he only supports himself. He's fringe and he's extreme. I can't stand him. I can't stand his voice, and I can't stand his face.

Reply to this post

Response to NurseJackie (Reply #24)

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 10:35 AM

26. All he does is talk talk talk. What has he actually DONE about anything?

Reply to this post

Response to NurseJackie (Reply #24)

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 11:31 AM

28. And those are all his positive attributes

Reply to this post

Response to The Polack MSgt (Reply #28)

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 12:07 PM

29. Haaaaa!

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 11:15 AM

27. Did he vote for Kanye or the Greens this time?

Every since he told people to vote for Nader, I've been done with him.

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 12:10 PM

30. Are there Russian Trolls in this room? Michael is on OUR side. He is your friend.

Reply to this post

Response to magicguido (Reply #30)

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 05:04 PM

32. Hey, Why are you calling DU Members "russian trolls"

just because they have a different opinion on michael fucking moore?

Don't tell us who our friends are..

Michael Moore Slams Obama: HIstory Will Only Remember You Were a Black President ..

"When the history is written of this era, this is how you'll be remembered: he was the first black president," Moore said during a discussion at The Hollywood Reporter's video lounge at the Toronto Film Festival.

"OK, not a bad accomplishment, but that's it," the director said. "That's it, Mr. Obama. 100 years from now, 'he was the first black American that got elected president' and that's it. Eight years of your life and that's what people are going to remember. Boy, I got a feeling, knowing you, that -- you'd probably wish you were remembered for a few other things, a few other things you could've done."

"So, it is, on that level, a big disappointment," Moore said...

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10025513223

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 05:20 PM

33. "He is your friend." -- Ridiculous! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

He is your friend.
Ridiculous! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Listening to him talk reminds me of this.

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 06:20 PM

34. Who in "this room" and on this Democratic board

Who in "this room" and on this Democratic board are you calling a Russian troll? Care to clarify?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread