HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » EXCLUSIVE CLIP "THE TRUMP...

Thu Sep 10, 2020, 07:19 AM

EXCLUSIVE CLIP "THE TRUMP APPEAL" - George Conway discusses what's going on in Donald Trump's head

8 replies, 1591 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply EXCLUSIVE CLIP "THE TRUMP APPEAL" - George Conway discusses what's going on in Donald Trump's head (Original post)
tecelote Sep 10 OP
Bluepinky Sep 10 #1
Uncle_Remus Sep 10 #2
marble falls Sep 10 #6
Uncle_Remus Sep 10 #7
marble falls Sep 10 #8
SamKnause Sep 10 #3
rainin Sep 10 #4
panfluteman Sep 10 #5

Response to tecelote (Original post)

Thu Sep 10, 2020, 07:44 AM

1. "He's a practical joke that got out of hand."

Good description of Drump during the 2016 election, but after he “won” the election, he has exploded from bad joke to serial murderer, taking out one democratic institution after another.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Sep 10, 2020, 08:09 AM

2. I think this is the first time I've ever heard George Conway speak

That was an excellent summary of our current dumpster fire.

Reply to this post

Response to Uncle_Remus (Reply #2)

Thu Sep 10, 2020, 07:33 PM

6. Just remember: George is part of the dumpster too, he just hates Trump.

Reply to this post

Response to marble falls (Reply #6)

Thu Sep 10, 2020, 10:25 PM

7. Yea, Yea

Just like the rest of the Lincoln Project. Just like Joe Scarborough. Just like GW. Man... remember when we were all talking about how GW was the worst president this country had ever seen? Such simpler times...

But we're at war for the future of this country. We need to win. I'm actually really hoping GW comes out and endorses Biden. I think that could have a huge impact and I think he knows that. We can reassess our alliances come January.

Reply to this post

Response to Uncle_Remus (Reply #7)

Thu Sep 10, 2020, 11:59 PM

8. I don't think endorsing Biden will hurt most Republican office holders. Both Idiot Linsey Graham ...

Lyin' Ted Cruz said some nasty cracks towards Trump and look at them now. Ted Cruz on the SCOTUS?

Republicans are have short memories.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 10, 2020, 08:48 AM

3. Translation: Some people are fucking nuts and are drawn to Trump because he is fucking nuts.

And by the way George, you are married to one of the most vile humans to ever walk this earth.

She shares the blame for the mess this country is in.

I hope when all of your children are grown they disown her.

I am aware your 15 year old daughter is already taking this route.

I hope the others follow suit when they are old enough.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 10, 2020, 09:27 AM

4. His power isn't that he says what he thinks. That's wrong!

His power is he says what 40% of the country is thinking! When he says he's pro life, you know he isn't. He's saying what his followers want to hear. That's just one example, but we'll never know what trump really thinks.

His power comes from saying what bigots, evangelicals, and racists want to hear. He hates who they hate. He speaks for them and gives them permission to come out of the closet and openly hate others.

All they have to do now to find like-minded people, is wear the MAGA hat. It's exciting and liberating. They no longer have to be afraid to say what they're thinking no matter how vile it is.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 10, 2020, 11:05 AM

5. Very Well Put, and Very Humorous!

As I was saying to my sister the other night as we were watching / listening to Rachel Maddow, just keeping track of and fact checking Trump's lies in real time is a daunting task - then there's the well nigh impossible task of figuring out the WHY of each of his lies, and why he said each of them. You think the second Trump Tower, which is the stack of tell-all books about Donald Trump, is tall - to paraphrase the conclusion of the Gospel of John, if you get into explaining the reason for and thinking behind each of Trump's lies, even the tallest Trump Tower could not contain all the books that would be written.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread