HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Stephen Colbert: Guest Se...

Fri Jun 5, 2020, 04:30 AM

Stephen Colbert: Guest Senator Cory Booker

Sen. Cory Booker Talks Race, Empathy, And His Legislation To Stop Abuses Of Power By Law Enforcement

In this extended conversation with Stephen Colbert, the Senator from New Jersey shares his personal feelings about the murder of George Floyd and the legislation he and Sen. Kamala Harris introduced to abolish rules like Qualified Immunity, which protect police when they commit violence against citizens.

Senator Booker also comments on the abhorrent treatment of peaceful demonstrators by law enforcement, egged on by the Trump administration, and his thoughts on Joe Biden's options for running mate in the 2020 presidential election.

1 replies, 372 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Stephen Colbert: Guest Senator Cory Booker (Original post)
Rhiannon12866 Jun 5 OP
Fritz Walter Jun 5 #1

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Original post)

Fri Jun 5, 2020, 07:56 AM

1. K&R!!

After having met Sen. Booker a couple years ago, I was actively supporting his campaign. By the time the primary election was held here in FL, he'd already withdrawn from the race.

However, this extended video reminds me that he is one of our best senators, and would love to hear/read his candid thoughts about Ayn-Rand Paul.

Thanks!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread