HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » David Jolly claims Trump ...

Mon Feb 17, 2020, 10:59 PM

David Jolly claims Trump said "Have you ever seen the nation so divided? I love it that way."

4 replies, 1230 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply David Jolly claims Trump said "Have you ever seen the nation so divided? I love it that way." (Original post)
Miles Archer Feb 17 OP
Wellstone ruled Feb 17 #1
Perseus Feb 18 #2
Rebl2 Feb 18 #4
RVN VET71 Feb 18 #3

Response to Miles Archer (Original post)

Mon Feb 17, 2020, 11:23 PM

1. Jolly seems to be

a barometer of things Rethug.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Feb 18, 2020, 08:56 AM

2. Interesting topic about Democrats and the country being divided when the media contributes to it

Joy Reid has contributed to this division in the Democratic party by promoting centrists, she is a political analyst and an anchor, she is not and should not become a promoter, she is there to provide the news.

It is OK to want a centrist to win, but in her role she should not be promoting any candidates, she must stay neutral.

Last time she was in a panel with Rachel Maddow she asked "What do Democrats need to do to promote a more centrist candidate", she wants to talk about division and doesn't realize that her comment creates just that.

These people should be neutral to all candidates, when are they going to accept that they helped elect trump?

I am fearful that the Democratic party has become so divided, there is a concerted effort to bash Bernie Sanders because he has the lead, it was Biden before that, they need to save the vitriol for the moment that matters when our nominee has to face trump.

Reply to this post

Response to Perseus (Reply #2)

Tue Feb 18, 2020, 11:17 AM

4. I've pretty much

quit watching her because I feel she favors certain candidates over others. I feel she is doing what Joe and Mika did with Trump. Like you, I believe she should be neutral.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 18, 2020, 09:37 AM

3. Jolly needs to be quoted daily

The media needs to pick this up and run with it, as do all of the Democratic candidates. A man who rules by division, who admits as much, needs to be called out for it. Among many other things, too, of course. But this quote takes Trump's quip about shooting someone on 5th avenue a thousand steps further because, in the former, he was bragging about his popularity and in this one he is stating, outright, that he wants a divided nation, he wants Americans viewing each other with suspicion and anger, and -- worse -- he is proud to have brought it about and actively seeking to make it worse.

A narcissist all wrapped up in himself might say he's so popular he could kill somebody in public and not lose any votes; a monster and evil maniac would express pride in bringing, and exacerbating, the angry division among the people of his own country.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread