HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Seth Meyers - Trump and G...

Mon Sep 30, 2019, 11:21 PM

Seth Meyers - Trump and GOP Melt Down Amid Ukraine Scandal, Impeachment: A Closer Look

Seth takes a closer look at the president accusing Democrats of treason as Republicans flail in their attempts to defend him from impeachment.

7 replies, 1001 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Seth Meyers - Trump and GOP Melt Down Amid Ukraine Scandal, Impeachment: A Closer Look (Original post)
Rhiannon12866 Sep 30 OP
0rganism Oct 1 #1
Rhiannon12866 Oct 1 #4
Haggis for Breakfast Oct 1 #2
Rhiannon12866 Oct 1 #5
Haggis for Breakfast Oct 1 #7
smirkymonkey Oct 1 #3
Rhiannon12866 Oct 1 #6

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Original post)

Tue Oct 1, 2019, 12:20 AM

1. just caught this on youtube, was about to post it myself

imagining how the bizarre history of these absurd times will be reflected in future media culture... K&R

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to 0rganism (Reply #1)

Tue Oct 1, 2019, 04:40 AM

4. Well, I started posting the late night monologues a couple of years ago

I watch Colbert, Seth Meyers and The Daily Show since they help keep me sane after a day of Trump news - and I figured that others here would likely feel the same, and we sure need all the humor we can get these days! And then my friend TexasTowelie started posting Jimmy Kimmel. And I agree with you, Johnny Carson made jokes about whoever was president, but these guys are serious! These are broadcasts for the ages since it would be tough for anyone who didn't experience it to believe that this really went on!

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 1, 2019, 12:27 AM

2. Rhiannon --

I don't know if we thank you enough for posting these clips.

You are a gem.

Reply to this post

Response to Haggis for Breakfast (Reply #2)

Tue Oct 1, 2019, 04:44 AM

5. Thanks so much!

I know that not everyone here stays up as late as I do - or even has TV - and the humor from the late night comedians helps keep me sane during these dark times, so I decided to pay it forward!

Reply to this post

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Reply #5)

Tue Oct 1, 2019, 08:42 PM

7. When this is all over,

The country should give awards to Seth Meyers, Jimmy Kimmel, Stephen Colbert, et. al. for keeping us moderately sane during these dark times. If it weren't for these guys, I think I'd have gone stark raving, barking mad months, Hell, YEARS ago.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 1, 2019, 01:39 AM

3. Seth is on fire! Great segment!

I think these latest events are energizing the late-night talk show hosts, which they deserve after 3 years of a depressing crime spree that has basically gone unpunished. He was great! Thanks so much for posting Rhiannon! You are the best!

Reply to this post

Response to smirkymonkey (Reply #3)

Tue Oct 1, 2019, 04:48 AM

6. Thank you, my friend!

And Seth hit it out of the park, as usual! And though we know he has writers, he absolutely means what he says. You can tell from his informed comments when he has political guests - and I think he needs the humor as much as we do!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread