HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Stephen Colbert: Guest 'P...

Fri Sep 13, 2019, 05:19 AM

Stephen Colbert: Guest 'Pod Save America' Host Jon Lovett

Jon Lovett: Some Of The Jokes On The Debate Stage Missed The Mark

The 'Pod Save America' host, on tour now with his stage show 'Lovett Or Leave It,' joins Stephen Colbert's live broadcast to discuss the winners and losers at the latest Democratic Presidential Debate.

FYI: If you're looking for Stephen Colbert's live monologue (and Opening) following the debate, it's posted in Democratic Primaries:

Stephen Colbert: Sparks Fly At Third Dem Debate - Colbert's LIVE Monologue - and Opening
https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287276421

2 replies, 713 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Stephen Colbert: Guest 'Pod Save America' Host Jon Lovett (Original post)
Rhiannon12866 Sep 13 OP
2naSalit Sep 13 #1
Rhiannon12866 Sep 14 #2

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Original post)

Fri Sep 13, 2019, 08:44 PM

1. Thanks for posting this...

and the other vids too! I watched them at the link you gave and I thought they were funny. Some of the jokes made me cringe a little but that is also a component of humor. You have to be able to laugh, sometimes inappropriately to balance out your angst. Otherwise it might fester into something terrible. And it helps you address your faults. My opinion, of course.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to 2naSalit (Reply #1)

Sat Sep 14, 2019, 03:52 AM

2. Thanks so much!

I actually enjoyed it a lot - I realize that it's a comedy show and I take a lot of the jokes with a grain of salt - the chief aim is to be funny, and he accomplishes that as well as anybody. And the thing that impressed me the most about this show was that it aired live, within an hour after the debate was actually over, so they would have had to really scramble to watch and digest everything that all the candidates said and then come up with appropriate jokes! Given that, I think they did a pretty amazing job!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread