HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Real Time with Bill Maher...

Sat Feb 2, 2019, 03:08 AM

Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO) - 2/1/19

Congressman Will Hurd

Congressman Will Hurd (R-TX) joins Bill to discuss border security and President Trump's rocky relationship with intelligence.

Mayor Bill de Blasio

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio joins Bill to discuss his progressive vision for America and his views on marijuana reform.

New Rule: Climate Emergency

In his editorial New Rule, Bill argues that the national emergency we should be addressing isn't border security it's the threat posed by climate change.

Overtime: Rep. Will Hurd, Myr. Bill de Blasio, Jennifer Rubin, Jon Meacham, Peter Hamby

Bill Maher and his guests answer viewer questions after the show.

2 replies, 1139 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO) - 2/1/19 (Original post)
Rhiannon12866 Feb 2019 OP
smirkymonkey Feb 2019 #1
Rhiannon12866 Feb 2019 #2

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Original post)

Sun Feb 3, 2019, 02:08 AM

1. I saw the full show on You Tube.

I thought it was a pretty good show, but Will Hurd never really did give a good answer as to why he identified as a republican. He tried, but the answer didn't quite cut it.

Anyway, thanks for posting Rhiannon!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to smirkymonkey (Reply #1)

Sun Feb 3, 2019, 05:59 AM

2. I didn't get that, either - he sure sounded like "one of us"

Especially since Trump has been attacking our intelligence agencies where he spent most of his career. Maybe that's the only way he could win in his district? I have a friend who was mayor of a neighboring town and is thinking of running again. He's an Obama supporter, has been with his husband for over 40 years and joined me in talking a mutual friend into voting for the Democrat for another local office rather than the Green candidate - so I was kinda flummoxed to learn he ran as a Republican - but maybe that's the only way he could win? It boggles the mind...

And I always post the "official" version since I know it won't disappear, though I don't know why they let out the monologue this time. But I agree it was a good show!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread