HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Stephen Colbert: Guest Ja...

Tue Oct 2, 2018, 03:05 AM

Stephen Colbert: Guest Jake Tapper Credits Jeff Flake For 'Gutsy' Decision

The host of CNN's 'The Lead with Jake Tapper' believes that, whether or not you agree with him, Senator Jeff Flake made a 'gutsy' decision to delay a final vote on Brett Kavanaugh's nomination to the Supreme Court.

Jake Tapper: Lindsey Graham's Transformation As A Survival Tactic

The host of 'The Lead with Jake Tapper' thinks Lindsey Graham's recent transformation is classic and predictable Washington politics.

5 replies, 608 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Stephen Colbert: Guest Jake Tapper Credits Jeff Flake For 'Gutsy' Decision (Original post)
Rhiannon12866 Oct 2 OP
Novembrist Oct 2 #1
Rhiannon12866 Oct 2 #2
LittleGirl Oct 2 #3
bitterross Oct 2 #4
pansypoo53219 Oct 2 #5

Response to Novembrist (Reply #1)

Tue Oct 2, 2018, 03:39 AM

2. Oh, I disagree as well.

I saw an interview with him - they showed clips on MSNBC - where he was still "flip flopping" on the Kavanaugh issue. If he really was sticking his neck out there, really believed he had nothing to lose and really was taking the side of his friend Chris Coons, he would have unequivocally taken the stance that is obvious to everyone else without an agenda - that Brett Kavanaugh is off the rails and unfit for any kind of important office, let alone one that requires impartiality, a decent temperament - and actually being "sober as a judge!"

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Original post)

Tue Oct 2, 2018, 08:31 AM

3. CNN International is showing

Jake Tapper's "The Lead" every night now. I am so happy to watch it. I trust him but I wished he would stop having former Sen Santorum on the panel. I can't stand that guy.

Reply to this post

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Original post)

Tue Oct 2, 2018, 09:11 AM

4. Gusty would have been voting no in committee. Fuck Flake!

If he had any guts or morals he would have not voted him out of committee. Doing that and then asking for a delay is grandstanding so he can say he "tried" later after Kavanaugh is confirmed.

Reply to this post

Response to bitterross (Reply #4)

Tue Oct 2, 2018, 04:30 PM

5. the GOP are the lemming party.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread